1973 Ducati Forza 350cc single. Info needed

Post your single cylinder Ducati FOR SALE and WANTED ads here.
Rosssaab
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

1973 Ducati Forza 350cc single. Info needed

Post by Rosssaab »

I've just picked up this 350cc Fonza single with bevel engine, and I'm not sure its right.
Does anyone know anything about this model, because I cant find out much despite hours of Googling?
For a kick off, its got an Amal carb, surley that cant be right can it?
The guy I bought it off swears its right, and its fitted to the head on two bolts, so I dont see how a Delorto can fit as its got a clamp.
Next, the switches have a "Start" switch but there is no electric starter.
It also appears to have two mounts for the side stand, which is missing. Has anyone got a picture of the sied stand so I can see what its supposed to be like? Has anyone got a sidestand I can buy with the spring?
Its got fibreglass tank and panels too, is that right?
Any info would be much appreciated.
Ross
Jon Pegler
Mariana

Post by Jon Pegler »

Hi Ross,
I'm in London in the UK and have a couple of Forzas.
The earlier Forzas did have Spanish made Amal carburettors, so your one may be correct. Later ones had Dellorto PHF 30's.
A lot of Forzas have had the starter motor taken off and replaced with the standard clutch cover from any other widecase single. If this is the case with your machine, you have one of the earlier Forzas. The electric starter mechanism on these models was a bit suspect so you're better off kickstarting it anyway.
Usually, only the later Forzas have a sidestand. Unlike the Italian singles, there is no front engine plate to mount the sidestand bracket onto. The later Forzas have a lug welded onto the frame near the rear engine mounts. Do you have a sidestand mount on the footpeg bracket? Some had it. Similar to the 450R/T sidestand.
Only the earliest Forzas had fibreglass tanks. Later ones had steel tanks. All had fibreglass side panels, although there are two different types.
Send me a message if you need more info.
All the best, Jon

Return to “Single Cylinder Ducati”