For Sale: 1967 250 Scrambler

Post your single cylinder Ducati FOR SALE and WANTED ads here.
StreetScrambler
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

For Sale: 1967 250 Scrambler

Post by StreetScrambler »

I'm selling my '67 250 Scrambler. This bike is a fairly complete, non-running basket case. I have owned the bike for about 10 years and have not done anything with it, so it's time to let someone else have a crack at it.

I purchased the bike from the brother of the original owner. She apparently bought it new in Central NY, and it was subsequently passed around thoughout the family. From what I understand, it was last used sometime in the early '80's as an entry level dirt tracker. It's dirt track career was ended by a broken chain which tore through the case and resulted in pretty good crash (the twisted forks are still in place.

When I got the bike it had been sitting outside, leaned up against a shed for years. The cracked open transmission had been exposed to the weather, and the engine will not spin. I have pulled the bevel cover and valve covers off and everything inside the top end is shiny and rust free. I have not removed the head, so cylinder condition is unknown. Since I've owned the bike, it's been kept inside. The crankcase has been filled with a combination of used motor oil and Marvel Mystery Oil since I brought it home.

Since this is a pre-1973 vehicle, there is no New York State title. So, a registration would have to be sourced from NYS DMV. Take a look at the photos for basic condition of the bike. I can photograph details upon request. I would like to sell the bike complete for $250, and hope that someone will bring it back or put the parts to good use. I would prefer to have someone pick it up, but will consider working with someone on shipping if necessary.
1995 900SS SP
ajleone
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

your 1967 250 scrambler

Post by ajleone »

Hi,
I am interested in your 250 scrambler, as I am restoring one now and could use some bits.

Let me know if it is still for sale. You can check out my bikes:

http://www.coolitalianbikes.com

Tony
Tony
70 450 Jupiter (Scrambler)
74 450 MK3
61 250 Diana (project)
66 250 Mark 3 (project)
66, 67 250 Scrambler
65 125 Bronco
76 Vespa Ciao (my daughter's)
StreetScrambler