Ducati 250 Mk3D Desmo - Sold

Post your single cylinder Ducati FOR SALE and WANTED ads here.
darnold
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Ducati 250 Mk3D Desmo - Sold

Post by darnold »

I have decided to sell my 1970 Ducati 250 Mk3D so I can work on another project. You see a lot Ducati singles for sale but Desmo singles with clip-ons are quite rare. The odometer reads 5,929 miles and the bike retains the original Pirelli tires. The bike won the "Best Vintage" award at the DOCC Mosport Festival.

The bike was parked with a broken crank shaft on the timing case side which explains the low milage. It was completly restored 4 years ago and has been ridden about 300 miles since. The bike starts easily, idles smooth, and sounds like it should. The bike is registered for the road in Ontario.

Henry Hogben rebuilt the crank, did a valve job and re-shimmed the desmo head. All engine bearings, gaskets, and seals were replaced. All painted parts were stripped, primed, and professionally repainted. The fuel tank, kick start, and shock springs were re-chromed. The fenders and head light shell still looked good and only required cleaning. Any aluminum parts that were originally polished from the factory were polished. All other aluminum castings were bead blasted. The seat was recovered with new foam.

The rusty steel rims and painted spokes were replaced with aluminum San Remo rims, stainless spokes, and chrome plated bass nipples. The mising exhaust was replaced with a reproduction system. The chain and sprockets were replaced with new parts. Clutch and brake cables were replaced "New Old Stock" parts. It is still has 6 volts electrics and the original "Grand Turismo" hand grips.

If you are interested please let me know and I can send more images. Asking $5,000 and will help with shipping worldwide. email: [email protected]

Return to “Single Cylinder Ducati”