wanted: conti

Post your bevel drive twin cylinder FOR SALE and WANTED ads in this space......
carlray
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

wanted: conti

Post by carlray »

hi. I am interested in finding a set of contis for a '78 900 gts. any info would be helpful. thanks
CR
Geoff
Parallel Twin

Post by Geoff »

Phil at Road and Race in Australia has them. John at mdinaitalia.co.uk too. Possibly Bob Miller? New ones.

I have a spare set that I was going to put on eBay at some time; they're off a 900SS, were stripped for re-chroming, nickel plated, but then my chromer gave up cos it was knackering all his chemical baths with the old combustion products and crud. They also have a repair to the inside of the RHS one where the PO mal-adjusted the spindle and cut the conti! And they've still got some evidence of pitting on them even with the nickel on (hopefully that would cover up with the chrome).
Cheers
Geoff
carlray
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by carlray »

Thanks Geoff,
I am waiting on a few other replys. but will check out RR and teh other you mentioned. best,
CR
Den
Mach 3

Post by Den »

Geoff wrote: They also have a repair to the inside of the RHS one where the PO mal-adjusted the spindle and cut the conti! And they've still got some evidence of pitting on them even with the nickel on (hopefully that would cover up with the chrome).
Chrome is transparent. You need more copper and polishing to fill and fix the pits. Then the polished and buffed nickel is for the chrome to stick to.
Geoff
Parallel Twin

Post by Geoff »

Den wrote:
Geoff wrote: They also have a repair to the inside of the RHS one where the PO mal-adjusted the spindle and cut the conti! And they've still got some evidence of pitting on them even with the nickel on (hopefully that would cover up with the chrome).
Chrome is transparent. You need more copper and polishing to fill and fix the pits. Then the polished and buffed nickel is for the chrome to stick to.
Noted Den; looks like they're off to eBay then!! With that health warning... Cheers!
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

CONTI

Post by BevHevSteve »

if youa re still looking for CONTI mufflers, I have them in stock now.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

contis

Post by BevHevSteve »

oops, I sold out by april 6.................
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Bevel Drive Twins”