An optimistic request!

Post your bevel drive twin cylinder FOR SALE and WANTED ads in this space......
tobaccoblender
Diana

An optimistic request!

Post by tobaccoblender »

Hi there
You guys may laugh when you read this, but does anybody have an idea where I might find a duel seat for my 1974 750 Sport?
Has anybody remade them at any point? Of has one of you got one hanging on the garage wall you never use?
Cheers
Paddy
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: An optimistic request!

Post by Craig in France »

Hi Paddy,

A rare part indeed ...

I see Phil at Road and Race in Oz has replica seat bases listed, at least:
http://roadandrace.com.au/cat22.htm

It may be that he gets them from here: http://classic-motorcycle-fiberglass.co ... alseat.htm

Any help?

Cheers

Craig
geodoc
750 GT

Post by geodoc »

tobaccoblender
Diana

Post by tobaccoblender »

Well yes, I had found that one at Road and Race and he says he doesn't make them up any more as people didn't want the pay the $600 he asks for it, but reading between the lines I got the impression he'd probably do one for me.
My dilemma is how much do I want to pay so I can take me wife for a little go on the pillion once in a blue moon?
A repro one wouldn't be a good investment in terms of increasing the value of the bike, plus I've learned not to order stuff from outside the EU as by the time the Italian customs have had their greedy way the seat would end up costing me $1200.
BUT if I could find an original here in Europe that would be well worth it.
and I can't help but think there must be quite a few as you never see them on any of the bikes one sees in photos, so I recon they are all hanging up on garage walls somewhere.
and Geodoc's pic shows a bumstop seat which is nothing like the factory dualseat- is that really meant to be for two people? Hard to imagine where two bums would fit on that, no?
Btw Craig, did you get my pm?
Craig in France
Paso 906

Post by Craig in France »

600 Aus$ plus postage and taxes? Eek ... :shock: .;

(That said, I suspect they are as rare as rocking horse ****. Falloon says they're not in any parts book - and they certainly ain't in any of mine!)

Nope, didn't get your pm, Paddy - have just sent you one :)

Craig
dden
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by dden »

I was looking for one for the same reason. I ended up buying an SS dual seat. It needed a little bit of modification but I think it will work. I haven't actually gotten around to do it and probably wont for a while so i'm not 100% sure it works but it might be worth looking into.
tobaccoblender
Diana

Post by tobaccoblender »

I saw a 900SS dualseat on a 750 Sport here in Italy last year but that blocky Giugiaro style, IMHO, just doesn't look quite right on a curvy Sport.
But the best of luck to you- I hope it works out. ^>^

Return to “Bevel Drive Twins”