Wanted GreenFrame engine cases

Post your bevel drive twin cylinder FOR SALE and WANTED ads in this space......
Peter Mc
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Wanted GreenFrame engine cases

Post by Peter Mc »

Hi, am looking for a set of 1974 750ss - Greenframe engine cases if anyone would part with some or knows of someone I could contact
regards Peter - Email : [email protected]
ducadini
860 GT / GTS

Re: Wanted GreenFrame engine cases

Post by ducadini »

Unless the cases are utterly destroyed, I think it would be easier to weld and machine them.
Finding a set shouldn't be too difficult, buying them for a reasonable (that is : $$$$$) price can be a problem.
But I suspect most owners of those cases are just waiting for the "right" frame to come for sale, so they have a "correct set".
You could buy a set of a ordinary (hahahaha) GT or Sport and "add of delete" the correct number.
It has been done before (seen enough evidence of fuxxed up numbers on cases and frames).
For what it's worth : those numbers on the cases will NOT make your bike go any faster (in fact, the "SSport" engine I have is much faster than my standard SS, just because I'd happily "overuse" it.)
If it's a "collector thing", I'm not into that.

FWIW : I know who had a SS engine (the frame was destroyed in a 24hour race at Francorchamps) but I'm pretty sure it isn't for sale.

have fun
ducadini
Nego i ricordi peggiori
Richiamo i migliori pensieri
Peter Mc
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: Wanted GreenFrame engine cases

Post by Peter Mc »

Thanks Ducaduni for the info my bike has a very nice engine in it ( GT cases ) and I do agree with all your comments but would always love to return this bike to original so if you could ask the person with the engine if they would sell it or give me the details so I could contact them?
Regards Peter
Email: [email protected]

Return to “Bevel Drive Twins”