have a R/H '105' Conti, brand new, OEM, small bracket.

Post your bevel drive twin cylinder FOR SALE and WANTED ads in this space......
in-two
Diana

have a R/H '105' Conti, brand new, OEM, small bracket.

Post by in-two »

The whole story could be called 'Conti Confusion'. Many years ago (around 1979) I picked up a pair of brand new small bracket Contis directly from the factory in Borgo Panigale, to be fitted to my '75 900ss when I crashed/the originals rusted out. Luckily neither happened to a serious extent so they languished in greased sacking until now. I'm now restoring the ss so imagine my surprise when I discover that I have a pair of '105' suffix silencers as a right/left pair. My originals are a 100 (R/H) and a 105(l/H). The '100' is 659 mm long, the '105' is 666 mm and the mounting hole is a few mm nearer the engine than the 105. I'm sure I can 'make them fit' but is there anybody out there with a '100' small bracket to swap/ sell? To add confusion I also have a set of new big bracket contis, 100 R/H, 105 L/H that could form part of the equation.
Here is a pic with originals in the middle, new small brackets on the left, new big brackets on the right. Now I have all the plating/re-finishing done, I hope to make some progress on the resto, and will try and post pics as well as answer some questions rather than just ask them!http://s1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/in-two/conti/
'75 900 SS
"don't get behind on your cheating, but don't get ahead either" Cook Nielson, California Hotrod
in-two
Diana

Post by in-two »

Link to photos of Contis doesn't seem to be working, here's another try:

[/http://s1007.photobucket.com/albums/af1 ... /conti/img]
'75 900 SS
"don't get behind on your cheating, but don't get ahead either" Cook Nielson, California Hotrod
in-two
Diana

Post by in-two »

third time lucky?

'75 900 SS
in-two
Diana

Post by in-two »

'75 900 SS

Return to “Bevel Drive Twins”