Wanted - 750 GT Timing Cover

Post your bevel drive twin cylinder FOR SALE and WANTED ads in this space......
Dinsdale
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Wanted - 750 GT Timing Cover

Post by Dinsdale »

I have one but it is badly scored - right across the 'C' in 'UCATI'.

I would very much like to buy another, preferably in better condition, if anyone has one.

I gather the case changed in design after engine # 751500. Mine is a 1974 GT and has a later engine than this. I believe the part number for the later design is 0755.49.403.

Probably a big ask but there's nothing wrong with being an optimist.

Cheers
gavin
Mariana

Post by gavin »

wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

I haven't seen one for sale for ages.If one comes up I think it would be prudent to be sitting when viewing the price. Perhaps a talented welder could fill and polish the damage?
Dinsdale
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Thanks

Post by Dinsdale »

I think I figured out how ithe damage was done.

The bike is currently fitted with a sport-type gearchange linkage. However it looks as though the bike went down the road on it's side at some point when the original was fitted and the old gear lever made the gouge as it became bent and touched the case.

If I can get a welder to make the fill then I'm happy to spend the hours with a dremel cleaning it up. The remanufactured case looks a good alternative but I suspect that the casting might need quite a bit of work to recreate the look of the original.

As always, good to know there's some knowledgable andf helpful advice for a restoration noob. Thanks folks, I very much appreciate the advice.

If the repair works out I'll post a pic or two.

Return to “Bevel Drive Twins”