1977 900SS For Sale

Post your bevel drive twin cylinder FOR SALE and WANTED ads in this space......
mweglarz
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

1977 900SS For Sale

Post by mweglarz »

Headtube badge 087111
Engine 087111
Frame DM 860SS 086812 underneath that DGM13715OM

This is an original paint bike. I have not had it on the road in about 3 years. It died on me on a ride. This bike has a RITA ignition on it. I replaced the amplifier a couple years after I bought it and it appears the one that is on there now is bad as well. I am not getting any spark. I am in the process of tracking another down. I am asking $22,500 for the bike OBO. I have some photos of the bike and all the spares that come with it, but am not able to attach them to this post. If anyone is interested I can email the pics. Also if anyone can help me getting the pics in this post that would be appreciated.
mweglarz
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

pics of 1977 900SS

Post by mweglarz »

Okay, I think I can get pictures out there by linking to a site. Lets see if this works.

http://s534.photobucket.com/albums/ee347/weglarm/
mweglarz
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by mweglarz »

Hey everyone. I now have spark and the bike runs fine. Wasn't the RITA module after all. It was a bad coil. I had one interested party but the deal fell through. I am going to put the bike on ebay tomorrow, so if anyone is interested please let me know before I put it on ebay, or you will have to take your chances bidding there.
mweglarz
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by mweglarz »

The bike is now on ebay. I did take some more pics of it this afternoon. I rode the bike down to the lakefront here in Milwaukee and took pictures by the Calatrava art museum. The bike ran great and sounds awesome. It has been a while since I rode it. It is a shame to sell, but that is the way life goes some times. I think it was Peter Eagan that wrote a great Leanings column on the idea that we never really own bikes, we are merely caretakers for future generations. I have taken my turn at caring for this bike and now it is time to pass it on to the next caretaker. Maybe someday I will get the opportunity to care for a green frame.
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

whats 22k us in aud ?-immaculate 76-78 ss in oz fetch mid 20k aud -and i mean immaculate down to nuts & bolts
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

nottonight68 wrote:immaculate 76-78 ss in oz fetch mid 20k aud
Nope they go for more than that much more , a 77 sold two months ago for 35k AU and a 76 for 45K just last week , there is even a 75 in the trading post at the moment if you really wana spend big

mid 25k for a mint one yes thanks I'll have it :lol: :lol: :lol:
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

bike factory(shop) in adelaide has a mint 78ss for $28000 shall i put a deposit on it for you
steve 195
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Tempting , but how many toys does one need ? bike, woman and wild turkey is all I need :lol:
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

wild turkey and woman is a given -how many toys- start a collection -900ss would be beautiful addition
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

I can get a mint 77 with 12k miles not k's for US$16k and its just waiting for me , I been kicking myself for not getting it when the AU$ was up there
not to worry this SD 92mm bike is going to look the part and will sell it when she is all done up , she will be black everything and shiny engine that will be a start towards the SS ,
I might even sell the Mille when the time comes , But something inside of me is tell me wait the Mille will have its turn in 5 or 10 years time
we will just have to wait and see
DesmoDog
750 GT

Post by DesmoDog »

Photobucket goes so far as to give you the link you need to show pics here. Use the "img" tag option and sijply paste into the message.

BTW - Lovely bike. If I hadn't sworn I'd never build another bevel twin... (well, that and if I had money...)

Return to “Bevel Drive Twins”