74 750 Super Sport

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
jetlag
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

74 750 Super Sport

Post by jetlag »

Hello All,

First time here, and I wanted to ask if anyone knew how many 750 SS bikes were produced in 1974 and other years. Is there a place online to go to cross refrence engine and frame serial #'s to know what month each was produced etc? I know mine was first sold in the Los Angeles area.

Mine has the sight guage in the tank. Is it correct that it is an "Imola" tank? And how many of these were made?

Does anyone have any idea how many are still in existance?

Lastly, does anyone know how to still get the poster "Art of Motorcycle" 1974?

It was from the Guggenheim Museum (Las Vegas I believe) I have had no luck contacting them.

Thanks a million!

david
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

info

Post by BevHevSteve »

you need 2 specific books to start with, maybe even 3...

The 750 Bible
Original Sport & Super Sport
Standard Catalog of Ducati Motorcycles

I stock them all please click this link
http://www.shop.bevelheaven.com/SearchR ... egoryID=10
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Spub
Mach 3

Post by Spub »

Have all three books, they are great references. Would also suggest Mick Walkers Ducati Bevel Drive Twins book, and Ian Falloons' "Ducati Bevel Twins Restoration Guide 1971-85" which is hard to find, but worth trying to...I am still trying to locate a copy of Stephen Eke's Ducati Bevel Drive tuning guide, if anyone knows where a copy can be had....
1982 Laverda 180 JOTA, 1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport, 1993 Moto Guzzi Daytona, 2010 KTM Adventure 990, 1974 Laverda SFC #17188

Return to “The Rumour Mill”