replacing 750gt dash w/ 750 sport - where to hide the wires?

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
dalozer
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

replacing 750gt dash w/ 750 sport - where to hide the wires?

Post by dalozer »

I just am sick of my crappy 750gt plastic dash cracking so I have a sport instrument panel (thx steve) to replace it with - my question is since the GT has a bunch more idiot lights on it -
where to hide the wiring from them (just stuff them in headlight??)
also i noticed that on the 750gt the generator ("GEN"-THOSE CRAFTY ITALIANS!) has a fuse in line - so i take it that i probaly have to rewire that with some kinda inline fuse to complete the circuit to get the bike to start and run just cannot just eletrical tape them off and stuff them in the headlight assembly??
any response form other gt'ers would be great!
thx!!
mike
mrc.engr
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by mrc.engr »

headlight bucket is the place.....but don't use gooey elect tape, use some heat-shrink tubing and do it right.

Mike in Maryland
74 Sport
DesmoDog
750 GT

Post by DesmoDog »

I hid mine in the headlight, in the gauge pods, and under the dash itself.
Den
Mach 3

Re: replacing 750gt dash w/ 750 sport - where to hide the wi

Post by Den »

dalozer wrote:.....also I noticed that on the 750GT the generator ("GEN"-THOSE CRAFTY ITALIANS!) has a fuse in line - so I take it that I probably have to rewire that with some kind of in-line fuse to complete the circuit to get the bike to start and run.....
That's not a fuse. It is the GEN bulb. I believe it is called a "festoon" bulb.

Return to “The Rumour Mill”