I think my bike is an orphan

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
incitatus
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

I think my bike is an orphan

Post by incitatus »

Hi all, I'm a new member in Perth Australia. I have a 1989 900SS and it seems as if nobody else has. I know that approx 1400 were built in 89' and 500 in 90', as an interim model before the new 'Cagiva' 900SS was launched in 91'. The problem is that this bike seems to be totally overlooked on every Ducati internet forum. I am trying to find out as much as I can about this model, and being a 'Ducati virgin' I don't even know what engine family it belongs to. I think it's a Pantah head, but I'm not sure. Can anybody tell me anything about this bike? Does anybody know where I might get a seat cowl for it? Are there any other owners out there?
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe-racer is one of them --- but I want one anyway" (from Song of the Sausage Creature by Hunter S. Thompson)

Return to “The Rumour Mill”