Now I am inspired

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
pjti
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Now I am inspired

Post by pjti »

:-D Congratulations to Tom Mahoney and the Sd900 he restored. As an irregular visitor to the site it was new to me. It made me sad to think of my own Darmah hidden, neglected, forgotten about but still loved in the corner of the shed. Its followed me through 4 house moves and bits have disappeared over the years, I just had to have a have a look at it again, it seemed impossible that it would ever be usable again, sooooooo negelected. Ah well, may as well try the JCB yellow paint , just to see what it might look like.I sprayed up the bodywork in bright yellow, mmmm not bad. Before the paint had even got touch dry I bunged it all in place, mmmmmmmmmm not bad. Then I did something totally out of character, I got some metal polish and gave the cases a rub,just to see...... then I used a small polishing mop, mmmmmmm. Then I did half a fork leg, then a bit of front mudguard, then the headlamp rim. You know what ???? it cleans up quite nicely thank you. Thank God the battery is totalled, I would have been riding it around the garden before the paint had dried otherwise.

I found myself grinning inanely and talking to it

There is much work to do but hopefully nothing expensive. It'll never be a show winner but it should look pretty again and running within a few months.

Thank you Tom.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

darmah

Post by BevHevSteve »

Viva La Bevel-ution Baby!
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “The Rumour Mill”