Title search - who? where? how?

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
98Bronco
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Title search - who? where? how?

Post by 98Bronco »

Anyone shed light on what is involved in doing a title search on a vintage? To my knowledge, my bike never actually had a license plate, can't, of course, be certain....so what steps can be taken to get it road licensed?

(1960 or so bike)

Thx in advance,
Gordon
minermike2003
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by minermike2003 »

If you check with your local DMV, they can tell you what is needed. They may want to inspect the serial# on the bike. They usually like some sort of "paper trail' of ownership, or a "Statement of Facts". Hope that helps, Mike.
98Bronco
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by 98Bronco »

Ty Miner, will check that out - better get this started sooner than later, expect it'll take some time lol.

Gordon
Mike Kemsley
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Mike Kemsley »

It depends on what stste you are in Vermont only requires a bill of sale..If you like I could send you a bill of sale stating that you bought it from me and it was last owned in Vt. The state DMV does title anything older than 15yo. and nothing made before 1973 was titled. Some other ststes have the same deal. MK
Vtbike

Return to “The Rumour Mill”