Cheap as ducatis ???

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
sjkiwi
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Cheap as ducatis ???

Post by sjkiwi »

I know the old saying " if it looks too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true", but what is the go with all the seemingly supercheap
Ducatis and others on the site globalfreeclassifiedads .com. I have had contact with a couple of sellers a couple of months ago, one about a museum
quality 900ss, seemed to be legit but my gut feeling told me scam. Both wanted payment through google checkout which seems legit, they do not
receive payment until I receive the bike and ok payment transfer to them. As I am in perth it will be a long wait for them with shipping etc.
Anyone here had any dealings with this site , there just seems to be too many ultra-cheap bikes there , some must be real , but lots are selling
very cheap compared to other USA and Aussie sites, what do other bevel heaven members think,
John
Perth
sjkiwi
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: Cheap as ducatis ???

Post by sjkiwi »

158 people read this ,not one comment. am I the only one that thinks most of the bikes on that site are scams,
or the only one not caring about being politicly incorrect, by commenting about it.
Most bikes are below 3 grand , but worth shitloads more, some bikes have 2 or more sellers trying to sell the same bike
using the exact same photos and description, not just Ducati, all makes.
I have reported a couple of ads to the site and the ads have been removed pretty quickly
Surely it cant be that hard to moniter their site or do they rely on people like me
reporting these scam ads before they do something.
Peter Mille
750 SS Greenframe - the holy grail

Post by Peter Mille »

Any links...??
sjkiwi
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by sjkiwi »

http://globalfreeclassifiedads.com

I hope this works, had to get my 17 yr old daughter to show me how to post the link thing.
Had a look at this site again last night , again a few too cheap bikes for sale ,noticed a few with the same seller,
slightly different price, advertising the same bike for sale in several different states, cant work that one out.

I checked out a few Brit bikes and seems to be similar.
eternally_troubled
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by eternally_troubled »

I don't think that site is a 'real' site...
sjkiwi
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by sjkiwi »

Cannot get the link to work, so just type in globalfreeclassifiedads.com ,as for it being real, I think some ads are
legit, the site site owners just seem to let "anything goes" on it and only react when someone complains to them,
I did read somewhere about the scams on the site with pets for sale , maybe you get what pay for and as this is a free
ad site that is what you get,

Return to “The Rumour Mill”