Sport Classics

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Sport Classics

Post by BevHevSteve »

:P From the Ducati.com website...........

http://www.ducati.com/scoopage.jhtml?ar ... oopNum=100

:vroom: DUCATI SPORTCLASSICS TO GO INTO PRODUCTION

Since the launch of the Ducati SportClassic family of concept bikes at the Tokyo Motor show in October of 2003, and their subsequent exhibition at motorcycle shows around the world, they have received an enthusiastic response that has been nothing short of incredible.

Ducati has always made an effort to include our enthusiasts opinions in our decision making process, so we carefully reviewed the interest in the new bikes and the results of our SportClassic Survey on ducati.com. With over 310,000 people visiting the SportClassic site and more than 16,000 fans taking the SportClassic survey, expressing their opinions and suggestions, the directive was clear from Ducatisti around the world -- Ducati should make the SportClassics a reality, and put all three models into production. Your and our wishes have come true.

The three new Sport classics

The first model produced will be the Paul Smart 1000 Limited Edition. It features the incredible Ohlins suspension front and rear, and is painted in the silver and green colour scheme similar to the original 1974 Ducati 750 Super Sport. Inspired by Paul Smart's Imola 200 winning racer, it captures the verve of the original and fulfils the performance demands of today's sport rider. Production is forecasted to begin in November 2005.

The next model to appear will be the Sport 1000. The bold Café Racer styling and the essential timeless beauty of the original Sport 750 combines elegantly with modern Ducati performance and road-going savvy. Production is forecasted to begin in March 2006.

Six months later it's the GT 1000. As a sport bike to be ridden every day, it has a balance of two-up comfort and Desmo twin performance. The new GT 1000 combines heritage styling, quality and modern road manners. Production is forecasted to begin in September, 2006.

A special opportunity to Reserve yours now

So many have requested to reserve the first SportClassics produced, that we have decided to accept reservations for a limited period and thank you for your enthusiasm with special benefits for reserving early.

Between March 1st 2004 and September 1st 2004, Ducati dealers worldwide will be accepting reservations for the first examples of each model produced. By reserving early, you will benefit from favourable introductory pricing (to see prices, click on one of the buttons below) and priority delivery from the first production for your country. Additional benefits include insider information when you access to a special password only section of ducati.com, and Ducati will send by mail special SportClassic memorabilia and offers from time to time.

"I am extremely impressed with the outpouring of enthusiasm and support the Ducatisti have shown for the Sport Classics." said Federico Minoli, President and CEO of Ducati "We have always believed in our fans instincts and opinions, and now, thanks to their passion, their and our dreams are becoming reality."

VERY KEWL INDEED! Sign me up for the SPORT....... I love it. would like to put the GT swingarm, exhaust and shocks on it to make it really perfect for me....

I have posted many pictures of the bikes from the Toyko, Long Beach & New York shows on my website if you STILL haven;t seen them.... comments?

Read about the new 1000cc motor here

http://www.ducati.com/bikes/techcafe.jh ... l&artID=26
Last edited by BevHevSteve on Thu May 27, 2004 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
parkec
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

New Sport Classics...anybody bought one?

Post by parkec »

Just kind of wondering.... I'm going to check out the 1000 GT and the 1000 Sport this weekend at my not so local dealer.
06 Classic Sport 1000
02 Falco
78 KZ 650 Streetfighter

98 T595 (EBay? or Project)
Spub
Mach 3

Post by Spub »

I love these bikes. I formerly had a Monster, and love that engine. I had exactly the same idea as you Steve, twisted 180 degrees: I was thinking of taking a GT and putting the Sport seat and clips ons on it. The dual shock look of the GT combined with the Sport look would really give me a reliable modern update on the 750/900SS.
1982 Laverda 180 JOTA, 1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport, 1993 Moto Guzzi Daytona, 2010 KTM Adventure 990, 1974 Laverda SFC #17188
MiketheBike
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by MiketheBike »

Spub, you are in luck. Ducati is coming out with that bike! Pictures are already on a couple of sites today.
parkec
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

opps...need a follow up post

Post by parkec »

I bought the Sport 1000 in Yellow....picked her up on the 23nd.

Had the 600 check done a couple weeks ago. Added the Termi 2 into 1 kit, and still have to get the new rear sprocket installed.

Love the bike
06 Classic Sport 1000
02 Falco
78 KZ 650 Streetfighter

Spub
Mach 3

Post by Spub »

Went to look at the 1000S yesterday. This is essentially a Paul Smart replica, but with a 1000GT twin shock swing arm, different colors (for 07 any color you want as long as it is red with a white racing stripe), no Ohlins and the cans ran on each side...VERY NICE....Was told that all 2007 Sport Classics will have twin shock swing arms. To confirm this the salesman pointed to a 2007 Sport that had a twin shock rear end, but otherwise looked like the 06...oh yeah, except for stock bar risers that increased the handlbar height by a couple of inches over the 06 clip ons height and cans that ran on each side rather than stacked on the right side only...My Bevel 900SS already gives me a hunched over Supersport, so I may have to go with the Sport, 07 version....the new twin shocks really give it proper retro look, and it looked a lot better with a shock and can on each side rather than twin cans on one side and the shock on the other....
1982 Laverda 180 JOTA, 1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport, 1993 Moto Guzzi Daytona, 2010 KTM Adventure 990, 1974 Laverda SFC #17188
Spub
Mach 3

Post by Spub »

Ooops...after posting the above, I noted it came right after Parker's post about his 06 Sport.....well, er....the bike is great, and the aesthetics of single vs. twin shock swing arm are personal, so no offense, Parker....
parkec
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by parkec »

Spub...no problem.

I went into buy the GT because it has twin shocks. Unfortunately it has a wet clutch, :oops: and chrome spoke wheels. :( So being my first Ducati I had to get the Sport. :-D

I was told Ducati was moving towards wet clutchs so I didn't have many choices; and sure enough the 2007 Biposto Sport has a wet cluch. The monoposto is shown still with a dry clutch, but I wonder.
06 Classic Sport 1000
02 Falco
78 KZ 650 Streetfighter

Return to “The Rumour Mill”