Mick Walker

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
in-two
Diana

Mick Walker

Post by in-two »

It was sad to hear that Mick Walker passed away last week. A backbone of Ducati knowledge and enthusiasm in the U.K. and Europe, he and his business kept the brand alive through very hard times. He wrote a number of definitive books and knew enough about Ducati to fill a library. I met him several times in the early'80's whilst trying to keep some singles alive, and would always be rewarded by the parts I needed and half a days excellent conversation. I hope you can join me in offering our sympathies to his family, he will be missed.
'75 900 SS
"don't get behind on your cheating, but don't get ahead either" Cook Nielson, California Hotrod
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: Mick Walker

Post by BevHevSteve »

absolutely.......
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Bern
Parallel Twin

Post by Bern »

I managed to find a copy of his restoration guide, just a few months ago. Sad to hear that he passed away. My condolences to his family.

B
rightsideup
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by rightsideup »

His brother Rick was a great help to me in the early 80s when I first got my GT750. He had a minted one squirreled away in his garage - reckoned it was the best bevel drive available (no bias at all!).
'74 Ducati 750GT | '78 MZ TS250/1 | '97 Honda VFR750
In the high latitudes of Finland, in the parching heat of Africa, under the most different operating conditions these motor-cycles run to the satisfaction of their owners.

Return to “The Rumour Mill”