Hailwood replica

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
Ricardito
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Hailwood replica

Post by Ricardito »

Dear fellow Ducatisti,
I've just set out on a search for a Mike Hailwood replica Ducati. My reasons are many, but among those that come to mind are: the Hailwood aura (the greatest rider in history IMHO), the looks of the bike, the last of the bevel drive motors, the few years I've left as a rider (just turned 68), my memories of having once ridden a friend's many, many years ago.
So, I'd like to hear from those who know or own these bikes about what I can expect in terms of rideability, safety, reliability, maintenance (especially relating to the bevel mechanism and set up), availability of parts, desireable upgrades, what I should expect to pay for a good (not concourse showbike) sound example, where should I start looking and, of course, if you know of any for sale.
I should be grateful for any and all comments. If you'd rather contact privately, email me at <[email protected]>. I live in Colorado and teach at CU Boulder.
Many thanks in advance and I look forward to your comments.
Ric
krupp13
Mariana

Re: Hailwood replica

Post by krupp13 »

Hi Richard,

I am a fellow Colorado Ducatisti and have been able to attain quite a few bikes in the last few years. I should point your attention to the "Bikes For Sale" section on the bevelheaven website. There is currently a very nice MHR for sale on it right now. I would consider it a very nice bike and worthy of a flight to SF considering what Steve has had to say about the bike. I would reach out to him directly if you can.

Best regards,

krupp13

Return to “The Rumour Mill”