600 FII?

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
Vegard Hansen
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

600 FII?

Post by Vegard Hansen »

Hi,

I was looking at a bike for sale yesterday here in Norway looking exactly like a 750 F1 except the stickers on the back which said "600 FII". To me it looks like it has the same frame and fairing as the 750 F1, the same colors and also the same fonts as the 1985 F1 (pre Cagiva). It has a mechanical clutch (not hydraulic). The brakes are full floating discs (in front).

According to the seller the bike is from 1984 and was imported from the UK at some time.

Does anyone know anything about this bike? I have not seen anything about it in my Ducati books, even Google can't help me. I have read about F3 but FII (F2).....?

Regards
Vegard Hansen
Norway
ducadini
860 GT / GTS

Post by ducadini »

IIRC the F2 class was : 4stroke upto 600 and 2stroke upto 350.
Maybe someone wanted to run a Ducati in F2 ?
Are You sure it isn't a TT ? that should be a real find :-)

cu
ducadini
Nego i ricordi peggiori
Richiamo i migliori pensieri
Vegard Hansen
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Vegard Hansen »

I don't think it is that exotic.....

I have now received a copy of the bike's registration documents. It is registered as a 1987 Ducati 600 FII, engine 583 ccm and wheel base 1.450 mm. Probably a one-off made from a wrecked F1 with a Pantah engine.

Vegard

Return to “The Rumour Mill”