Bike recommendations for son

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
cmborn
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Bike recommendations for son

Post by cmborn »

I am looking for some bike recommendations for my son. He just passed his motorcycle safety course and is obviously an inexperienced rider. He is heading off to college in the fall. I was thinking of a used bike, low displacement, road bike, electric start, and completely bullet proof. The bike would be outside at college (Memphis, TN). My budget range is $2500. Thanks! Chris
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

DR350 is an obvious first choice as it is light and doesn;t have expensive body panels etc that will need fixing etc when he drops it or when someone knocks it over. It is an on road / off road bike.

If you are only interested in a road bike, then something like a ninja 250 or ex500. Plentiful, cheap, and he can ride it a year or 2 then sell it on for probably what he bought it for.

Then step up slowly on larger displacement bikes.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Wassy
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Wassy »

Honda CB 500.
Bullet proof and quite nippy. Cheap as chips as well.
thomashank
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: Bike recommendations for son

Post by thomashank »

Honda CBR will be good but i think you have a bike for your son now

Return to “The Rumour Mill”