Saw a Beautiful Bike Today

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
fightingpantah
Mariana

Saw a Beautiful Bike Today

Post by fightingpantah »

On the tram, going to work, Autumn in Melbourne, going down Lygon Street.

Heard a noise - that sounds nice - could only be a Ducati.

Checked it out and there was a beautiful Black and Yellow I think 900 GTS late 70's.

I'm not an expert but thats what it looked like - absolutely gorgeous - and the sound of the bevel.

If the owner is a member of the forum - thank you - you have left me with a smile on my dial all day.

Cant wait to get the Pantah back on the road and i am convinved that the black and yellow will look awesome.

Catch ya

Shane
Love italian automotive.

Living with a 1986 Alfa GTV6, a 1989 Alfa 75 TS, and a 1982 Ducati 500SL Pantah :-)
Red N' Blu
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Red N' Blu »

I Wish there were bikes like that just riding around the streets here.. but there is nothing. The odd old Triumph, but no old Ducatis, Lucky You!!
commotoed
Mariana

that sound!

Post by commotoed »

I was making that very same sound (Conti's) on the streets of Louisville, Kentucky. It put a smile on my face too!
I am finally riding my 1978 900GTS, the weather here is great in preparation for the Kentucky Derby and I will use every excuse to Ride!
eh
78 900GTS, 90 750 Sport, 97 gsf1200 "zipti"
Grover
Diana

Post by Grover »

On Thursday just gone I was heading up the coast and going through Lismore a guy passed me on a green frame SS.....just magical!!!....then another 100klm up the road in Murwillumbah a black and gold Darmah went passed me.....another glorious moment. Made me envious as my Darmah is still apart waiting for its heads to return from the engineer.
The older we get, the more toys we collect!!!

Return to “The Rumour Mill”