at last i've found one

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

at last i've found one

Post by nottonight68 »

think ill bid on this--good original 75 ss
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... K:MEWAX:IT
so much time--so little to say
kracka
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by kracka »

Yeahhhh ,

How sweet is that bike,good luck notonight,wish i could bid on it.

KRACKA
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

you serious ?
policarpio
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by policarpio »

good luck with the bidding man!!
the words "dream bike" come to mind
when i look at that thing...
are you metal are you man?
DesmoKid
Mariana

Post by DesmoKid »

"Dream bike" ?? Maybe someone's nightmare..
Are you talkin' to me?
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

DesmoKid wrote:"Dream bike" ?? Maybe someone's nightmare..
someones in for a shock when they buy it!!
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

What Blab is trying to tell you guys ~~~~ there is so much wrong with the bikes its not funny ~~~ it sure aint no 75 by a long shot here is the same bike before it came to Australia

http://michaelsmotorcycles.com/1975DUCATI750SSo08.html
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

uncle Blab talks too much,but he's no bevel ss fool-
policarpio
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by policarpio »

DesmoKid wrote:"Dream bike" ?? Maybe someone's nightmare..

i take it you don't like wrenching, kid?

what can i say? i want a 75...
DesmoKid
Mariana

Post by DesmoKid »

You're not wrong there; I don't actually mind wrenching but I tend to make a mess......my dream bike is also a 1975 SS. When that particular 75 SS was put on Michaelsmotorcycles, some 18 or so months ago, it had 900SS decals on the side covers and a price of 35kUSD. I jumped right in and enquired about it but things sarted to look dim immediately. Why is the whole rolling chassis post 75 but stamped as 75? Why is the engine 75 but stamped with 77 numbers? It has been raced and carries a "900 top end". It was advertised for quite a while, even on ebay, and the price reduced before it sold. Now if I liked wrenching and wanted to race the thing, then, yeah man, that's a fine machine to pretend I'm young and free and to have some fun but not at the asking price. At the asking price you would want an actual 1975 bike that, with a bit a wrenching, would be a near complete actual 1975 bike. But you'd be looking to spend at least 50% of the buying price, and a lot of time, to find and buy the missing pieces. After a bit of wrenching you'd still end up with a beautiful and expensive mongrel. The bike is also on the index list here on bevelheaven as a 1977/1975? bike. Like everyone else, I would like a 75 SS...but a real 75, not a maybe.
Are you talkin' to me?
policarpio
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by policarpio »

cripes DK!! it's almost like the bike is a big tittied blonde and you've been stalking her for years!!! have you stolen any of her panties yet? but seriously, i hate stories like that!!!! boooooo! the crowd hates it!!
b.wilson
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

It's still a nice bike, but....

Post by b.wilson »

Interesting discussion. Raises the hoary issue of what's original. This one's clearly a bitsa - and in fairness to the seller is described as such. As long as the buyer pays an appropriate price, he'll have a nice bike to use and enjoy.

One of the best pieces of advice I've heard about buying bikes like bevel SS's is know the owner/s! Any bike this old that has been used the way it was meant (no museum pieces please!) will at some stage have become non-original. There was a time when they just weren't worth maintaining/restoring properly! Chances are your lovely original SS was put back that way by yourself or someone else sometime in the past ten years.

If I have to choose between originality and knowing the previous owners, I'll choose based on the owners every time. This is where the imported bikes are a problem, especially on eBay. But a couple of well chosen questions will usually tell you what you're dealing with.

All of this - in my mind - just adds value to Australian-delivered bikes with established ownership histories. Don't have a problem with the others - as long as they're valued appropriately..

Brian
How many Ducatis is too many?
policarpio
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by policarpio »

well put mr.wilson...
DesmoKid
Mariana

Post by DesmoKid »

Yep, well put Mr.Wilson. But speaking of big tittied blondes that I like to stalk, check out this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0396895195

If that silicone blonde with the Michael Jackson face can sell for near $37000 what will become of this little hottie?

I'm wrenching, man, I'm wrenching.....it's good to stalk.
Are you talkin' to me?
policarpio
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by policarpio »

yowza!!! DK you're a crack up!!

Return to “The Rumour Mill”