Bevels being bought , wrecked for parts

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.

Should a good working Bevel be Parted out ?

Sad indeed
74%
I dont care
15%
You cant stop it anyway ,why should you bother about it
11%

Total votes: 27

nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

mgh1955 wrote:Yeah, it's unfortunate but at some point the market will reach equilibrium. (Riders prepared to pay a price for a going machine outbidding the breakers).

I would assume that it has been a (very) long time since any rapide's or comets have been canibalised.

What I don't comprehend is the extent to which some of the components are broken down to their individual parts. For example breaking down a breather unit to the tower, the labrynthe, the cap, the hose and the 'spring' and selling individually?

Mick
he even removed the homol plate and listed that for sale!!!!!
so much time--so little to say
DTM
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Bikes into Parts!

Post by DTM »

For what its worth I think Craig made a very obvious and valid point that the character you refer to is satisfying a demand and that there are many of us who are just as guilty only we probably hoard parts rather than sell em .
It is a shame to see (if thats the case) some of the bikes spoken of being broken .. However from my own perspective I've been on the hunt for a couple of parts for what I thought was a fairly mundane duc and for love nor money cant find them ... The point being I have had one person offering to draw up one of the parts enabling it to be made others saying they have them and will get back to me and the best of all some prat saying he had three of one of them but was keeping all just in case !!!
And for the record that part (1) doesn't wear out (2) could be straightened if bent ... we are all our own worst enemies !! So if this bloke who's name must not be spoken had one of these parts to sell would I buy it ... maybe .. I guess.

Merry xmas
Trying to find the will to finish a restoration started a while back (900ss)
jc
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by jc »

I've noticed that nearly every Ducati Bevel that comes up for auction here in New Zealand goes to Australia... :roll: 'spose I can't complain, I bought my Darmah in Sydney in 1987 and a BMW R75/5....yer not gettin' them back in a hurry... :lol:
john

Return to “The Rumour Mill”