What will follow the 1198?

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
Macdesmo
750 GT

What will follow the 1198?

Post by Macdesmo »

Now that the 1198 has been released at the recent EICMA motorcycle show what will follow these new models? The factory didn't do what I thought they would do. The 916 increased steadily in capacity for nearly 10 years but now there has only been the single jump to the WSBK capacity. Will they ignore that racing limit for a new streetbike range?[/b]
DaveG
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by DaveG »

Panigale - I hear super over square.....
SP3
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: What will follow the 1198?

Post by SP3 »

Macdesmo wrote:Now that the 1198 has been released at the recent EICMA motorcycle show what will follow these new models? The factory didn't do what I thought they would do. The 916 increased steadily in capacity for nearly 10 years but now there has only been the single jump to the WSBK capacity. Will they ignore that racing limit for a new streetbike range?[/b]

sadly, for me, there probably will be one for the street as you saw. following the cruiser market lead and going ever bigger displacement, gaining rotating weight/inertia, larger bikes, more weight. less and less like a proper sporting vehicle. I already don't like the idea of a larger-than-1000cc twin. ever since I was young (like pre-teen) I though 500cc per cylinder just made sense. almost 44 now and all of my favorite engines, whether car or bike, street or race, are 500cc/cylinder or less. yeah, I'm weird.
1991 851 SP3
1966 250 Monza
1999 Monster 900

Return to “The Rumour Mill”