boranni rims

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

boranni rims

Post by nottonight68 »

whats a rim worth? just saw one on ebay-aud$2450-you have to be kidding
anyone who pays that much for a rim is a nob-or am i wrong-rims hold tyres and allow you to ride-numbers stamped on one side should not increase value by 2g
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Steve I would say that one will sell for around 3.2k there was one in Geramny that was bent and it sold for AU$800 odd
I guess if your restoring a SS and need a rim to complete the restore , at the end of the day it could add a stack more $$$ if it has those rims ,

Think about it this way would you be happy with Akront ?
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

no
but 5k for rims seems like madness-i spent 1k and thought wow-new spokes, bearing,sprocket carrier ,sprocket tyres,tubes etc-these are now new 4777's and should be worth about-?????????
cheers steve
abmartin
SD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin »

You can still buy new Borranis, they just don't have the magic numbers stamped on them. I found an as-new WM3 for USD125 for the front and bought a new WM4 for the rear from the UK for GBP166.

Since my bike originally came with Speedlines the numbers on the rims don't mean a whole lot to me. I'm only replacing them because the roads around here are too rough for the original rims.

By the way, Steve, did your wheels have butted or straight spokes? Any opinion about which is best?

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

goes to show that some people are very passionate about their Ducatis' and can afford to spend cubic $$$$$ to get what they want.

So What

THose guys are way more well off them myself, but guess what, I [and you] are/am way better off than some. It is all relative.

Get used to it. The days of the $3K 900SS are LONG gone. So be it. If you want to play this game you have to stand up tall and reach deep.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
baddean
Parallel Twin

Post by baddean »

Hey Steve,
A 4777 18in front Borrani rim (yes, just the rim) advertized as never mounted and still in the paper wrapper sold last week on E-Bay for $3600 US. :shock:
A friend of mine has one of these on the front of his late 74 750gt that was installed by the previous owner.
Dean
Faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Hunter S Thompson RIP
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

I'd like to know who scored the one on ebay about a couple years ago for $50 bucks in the Buy It Now auction. Seller posted the rim number in the Q & A's not the original description. I was a little slow with the trigger finger, almost had it myself.
Macdesmo
750 GT

Post by Macdesmo »

If you are after the 4777s keep an eye on the 860 GT 900 GTS series as some people put the Borannis on them years ago. I saw one early this year and the whole bike was going for around $4K AUD and I asked him about the rim numbers and they were the 4777s but the bike was then sold off e-bay.
Ian
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Actually I am after a 4403 18 inch with the wide flare. But I would've taken the 4777.
Macdesmo
750 GT

Post by Macdesmo »

There is a Borrani rim on ebay which is a wm3 36/18 that might suit.
Ian
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Thanks Ian, but I need a 40 hole, lacing up to stock hub. Jordan
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

i just think steve's comment-stand tall and reach deep sums it all up-well put man -problem is im starting to slouch and my arms are shrinking-but hey,i'll bounce back-as i think desmodog said -anything is possible-its just the size of your wallet that determines what you do-and a duke can be got on the road from 0 to mega $$$$$-who cares
wot
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by wot »

I've got some Borrani's and some Akronts up on my tire rack in the shop - no miles. All 40-hole, some 18" and some 19". I'll look tomorrow and see what the 'numbers' are. Also have some Jap wheels/rims, shoulder type from a Yamaha TX750. Really nice rims. Bought the whole bike for $50 (no title) kept the front end complete with instruments and disc brake, kept the swing arm and rear wheel complete, took the rest of the thing and left it in front of the junk yard after hours.
wot
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

wot, pm me please with price or e-mail direct to: [email protected] As I said above, what I am after is an 18 inch wm3 number 4403 with the flarred shoulders. Thanks, Jordan
wot
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by wot »

I found two Borrani rims on my tire rack. One 19” mounted spoked to a Kennedy front dirt track hub and with a tire on, but never run on a bike. One 18” bare rim, that once had a tire mounted, and was spoked to a Kennedy rear dirt track hub, but never run on a bike. The rims are stamped:
--BORRANI—WM-2/1.85-19/40 RECORD RM-01-4403 MADE IN ITALY
BORRANI – WM-3/2.15-18/40 RECORD MADE IN ITALY

I also have some Akronts, 18x2.15 and 19x1.85, a DID 18x2.15 shoulderless, and an old 19x2.15 very used from a dirt tracker.

No 18" 4403 - Sorry.
wot

Return to “The Rumour Mill”