Frank's Place

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
radecal
Parallel Twin

Frank's Place

Post by radecal »

Bloody hell Frank, I go offlist for a while and you mob go troppo!
Fair bloody dinkum, I can think of far better ways to get attention than headbutting a tin top especially a big one.
Mate, I can speak for the Heads up this way in Northern Oz and can tell you our thoughts and best wishes are with you.
Keep fighting and I will have a few stiff drinks on your behalf (purely for medicinal purposes of course) to help keep your spirits up.
I want to have a few drinks with you in person at some stage so get better soon.
Regards
The RAD
RAD
RC
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: Frank's Place

Post by RC »

Caro Franco,
I just got off the phone with Reno in Italy & gave him an update on your condition, & again he sends his best wishes for a fast recovery - I have been in touch with Steve from right after your accident & also just got an update with him on the phone before I called Reno - Its going to take you forever to read all your e-mails, so get better soon vecchio mio !

speriamo, ci sentiamo, a presto !

Rick Ciappa & Reno Leoni
Rick Ciappa
tourguy1
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

frank scurria

Post by tourguy1 »

Hello frank,

Gary and I wish you a speedy recovery, we know your a "Tough Od Bird"
and will be back working on your bikes again soon,
Please let me know how we can help,

Peter and Gary Neuer
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

sept 3

Post by BevHevSteve »

I briefly spoke to Frank this afternoon via telephone. He still can't have any visitors and our 3 min conversation kinda wore him out, he is very weak....... But, ....... he's back! Boy it was nice to hear his voice today. He said to say HI to everyone and that he is very grateful for all the cards, emails etc that he has received. Carol has read everything to him that has been sent by now. PLEASE renew your thoughts and prayers for Frank - now that he is coherent and fully awake, the gravity of what has taken place is sinking in and I know from first hand experience, this part is really tough on a guy mentally. Frank will get through this, he's a tuff old dood.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Vulpine2
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Vulpine2 »

Frank
We've never met or conversed but as a long time owner and fan of Ducati I knew your name and something of your involvement with the marque
I've not been able to access the internet much of late but I knew that you had been 'in the wars' and have thought of you on occasion, hoping that you were doing well.

I have spent a little time in and out of hospital recently and so have some understanding of how contact with the 'normal world' can really help but it took a recent email from Steve to remind me that it might be a good idea to actually send my best wishes for a full recovery - so here you go!

No doubt that there are others like myself who have been thinking of you but not yet got around to making contact - lets hope that all those good thoughts are helping.

Kind regards

Rob
Peak District
UK
Rob
900ss, 350 SCR
UK
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Message from Frank Scurria - sept 10

Post by BevHevSteve »

From Carol.........
Hi Steve, Frank just dictated the following message to me, which he would like you to post on Bevelheaven and in the email lists:

From Frank......
Hello all Ducatisti!

It’s been a while since I last wrote to anybody because I can’t type, so my sister is typing this for me.

I’ve been getting get well cards and emails from all over the world which feels very good and I thank you all. Even though I wouldn’t ask for money, I’d like to thank everybody who took it upon themselves and send some anyway.

I thought with some help from my sister I could write a quick note and explain why it’s taken me so long to communicate with anyone. Since my hands are both in casts, I can’t hold the phone and I can’t type on a keyboard. I’m doing ok, up and down days, and this seemed to be a good time to get her to help me write to everyone. They tell me I have months of rehab ahead of me, which I guess is just part of the game.

It was strange waking up in the Intnsive Care Unit looking like a Ferrari distributor cap. Losing 5 weeks of your life is a strange feeling I hope no one else has to go through.

For those of you who want a real laugh, I got the bill for the helicopter ride: $59,200! Luckily, my insurance is going to cover it or they’d have to reposess my body.

Again thanks for all your thoughts and as I get better and I can start typing again, I’ll at least get back to sending emails. I just wanted to let you all know that I’m alive and well and plan on getting back to normal someday soon.

A special thanks to Steve Allen and Vicki Smith for forwarding messages from my sister and for all their fund-raising efforts.

Please don’t forget “Ancient Frank”.

Hope to be in touch with you all soon,
Frank
scott74rv
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: Message from Frank Scurria - sept 10

Post by scott74rv »

Hi Frank and Carol!
Thanks to you both so much for your updates.
My week is so much the better for hearing from you!

Frank, I know you can't type yet, I will wait,
and thanks so much Carol, for putting Frank's words out on the net for us.

I am SO VERY glad to hear that you are doing a little better.
I have been watching your progress, and pulling for you, non-stop.

Frank, I know the rehab process is going to take a while.
It's just another back-marker to pass, the victory will be all yours, no difference.

Ferrari distributor cap?
So you have hoses and wires attached all over you?
Good, perhaps then you can't escape from the hospital like Peter did... )

Well Frank, I hope you continue to get better quickly,
You're not Ancient! Just more experienced. )
and no way I would ever forget about you...
Best Wishes and a Speedy Recovery!
Scott74RV
Tulsa, OK
Mleonard42
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Mleonard42 »

Hey Frank, just checking in to see how you're coming along. Hope everything is going as well as it can. Just wanted you to know that that I'm thinking about you. Hopefully you'll be up and around and able to get together when I come to CA. No firm dates yet but sometime in 09.

Regards
Mike L
Florida
DesmoDog
750 GT

Post by DesmoDog »

Frank!

Just checked in to see how the rehab is going. The buzz may have died down but we're still thinking about you!

Missed you at the GP. Hope to see you there next year?
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Hi Craig [et al]

I talked to Frank a few daze ago. He is out of the ICU and in a rehab place now. He is mentally all there, well, as 'all there' as Frank can be :lol: now he is focusing on healing and getting through this stage of the game.

Please keep your thoughts and prayers going for him, this stage of the game is TUFF on a guy, even for a guy like Frank. He is not able to have visiters quite yet, but we are all hoping this will change soon.
scott74rv
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Hi Frank, Hope you are continuing recovery!

Post by scott74rv »

Hi Frank, Carol and all,
Just a brief note to say howdy again from Oklahoma.
Still pulling for you here, and I hope your recovery continues well.
I have been out of touch traveling to Alabama last week,
so sorry if I miss something,
I have many BevelHeads e-mails to read.
Are you accepting any visitors yet, Frank?
My thoughts are with you, write when able.
Best Regards,
Scott74RV
[email protected]
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Hi guys,

I just spoke to Frank on the phone. He is doing much better now, living in a rehab place with excellent care. He is in good spirits and feeling much more human these days.

He has been able to stand up and take some steps!

Frank says HI and really appreciates all the kind thoughts and words. He asked me to remind people that he really can't type to answer emails, but he can read no problem so please continue to write notes to Frank here - he will get them.......
DesmoDog
750 GT

Post by DesmoDog »

Frank!

How is the rehab going? It's been a while since our last update. We're still thinking about/pulling for you!
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Frank Scurria Update Dec 2 2008

Post by BevHevSteve »

I just spoke to Frank and he is up and getting around now. He is
out of the live in rehab place and living at his sister's house so he can go to his rehab on an outpatient basis.

This is great news for Frank!

Frank can cook his breakfast etc, he is becoming self sufficient. He will be able to see people in the near future - I will let you know when he gives the OK for this. He is still very weak and very much still in the healing process.

Frank says he can't work on his bike projects quite yet, which bugs him the most. He is completely off the narcotics [meds] now and dealing with that change reasonably well. He is working diligently on his rehab and gaining positive results in the process. Gaining weight back is turning out to be a slow process - he lost 30 pounds.

Frank says HI to everyone and again said how appreciative he is that so many people sent cards, cash and well wishes.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Frank Scurria Update Dec 20

For those of you following his recovery, you will be happy to note that this Saturday, Frank will be driving himself back down to So Cal to his house - he has made excellent progress of late. I just got off the tele with him and boy is he gung ho to get back to his motorcycle projects........

You can email him at [email protected] if you wish to contact him. We should start hearing from the guy again very soon.

Return to “The Rumour Mill”