FAQ - Shipping Bikes / Parts etc.....

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

FAQ - Shipping Bikes / Parts etc.....

Post by BevHevSteve »

FYI if you are in the USA one shipper to consider is Amtrack - I have found that you can get heavy parts shipped for VERY inexpensive compared to the post office, fed ex etc.

I shipped a set of Campy wheels, 3 brake rotors, cush drive assy and a bunch of other parts across the country for less than $90. Put them in a box to seal everything up, put the box on a pallet and took it to the station.

You MUST call ahead to make sure the particular station you want to ship 'from' AND 'to' can handle a large item [defined as over 50 pounds] as they use a fork lift for that stuff. Otherwise, any station can handle packages less than 50 pounds.

:roll: They told me they wouldn't ship a complete bike. But if it is broken down and palletized.......

For complete bike shipments, contact me - How about door to door within the USA for as low as $703? This is a real deal, your bike would be shipped in an enclosed 18 wheeler, only bikes are inside [no refriderators or moving boxes etc], up to $20K insurance included etc etc. That is a great deal and your bike can be picked up/delivered from/to a private home or a business anywhere within the USA border, same price.

https://store.bevelheaven.com/Bike-Stor ... -w/in-USA/

If you need a bike shipped let me know and I will get the ball rolling for you. All the details I have posted below in the next message.

Good Luck

Last edited by BevHevSteve on Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Motorcycle Shipping Details

Post by BevHevSteve »

Now you can ship your motorcycle door to door anywhere within the USA [AK & HI excluded], uncrated, in an enclosed transporter for a great price. I represent Daily Direct and they have 17 of these 18-wheelers circulating the USA at any given time. All they haul is motorcycles - nothing else. So, you don't have to worry about a refrigerator or a stack of moving boxes falling over on your baby etc. The company is run by moto enthusiasts. All the drivers are motorcyclists, so you can be assured that they will take good care of your bike.

• Door-to-door service [residence or business]
• You do NOT have to crate or palletize the bike
• You do NOT have to drain the gas or disconnect the battery
• We include $15,000 of insurance with a $500 deductible

If you wish to buy down the deductible to $0, no worries, just add the $50 waiver fee in the dropdown menu in the shopping cart. You can also increase your coverage for an additional fee of $35 per each additional $5000 of coverage.

Please call me to discuss things, make your payment then shoot me an email stating the following items:

actual value of your bike,

yr/make/model,

engine and frame numbers,

both TO and FROM addresses,

if either place is a business, state days & hours of operation

names of the folks on both ends and as many telephone numbers as you can give me on both ends to make it easier for the driver to contact both parties.

Pickup times vary, so do delivery times. It is all based on where the bike is, where it is going, and where the trucks are at any given moment in time. It could be 2 weeks, or 6 weeks from receipt of order to pickup/delivery. Please email all the facts to me after making payment. I will get back to you asap with a rough idea for pickup and delivery times.

The driver will contact both parties 1 day before showing up to arrange a window for when he will be passing through town and can pickup/drop off the bike. Bikes are secured using soft ties only, no hooks. It is best to arrange pickup and drop off at a business where someone is usually around and available, but not mandatory - residence pick/delivery is OK. Some cities have an extra fee so before sending me payment, please shoot me an email to discuss. THANK YOU

The Fine Print ~

There is an extra charge of $100 for tolls when picking up or delivering to Long Island. At this time, we do NOT pick up or deliver to Key West, or the 5 boroughs of New York City, Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island.

Any shipment booked or scheduled, and then cancelled, for ANY reason, will be subject to a cancellation fee of $100. This is regardless if the truck has left on that specific route or not. Once a spot is reserved, we can't sell it to anyone else. The ONLY exception is if a shipment is cancelled within 48 hours of receipt of contract. In this case, the cancellation fee will be $25 to cover processing fees.

$195 Surcharge for Trikes, Sidecars, Jet-ski's on a trailer, and Motorcycle Trailers that are with a motorcycle (if a sidecar or a motorcycle trailer by itself, then the normal bike rate applies)

$50 Attempted pickup or attempted delivery fee will be charged to a customer if we schedule a stop on a driver's trip, and then we are unable to pickup or deliver based on the customer.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “The Rumour Mill”