20 years from a set of tyres

General discussion and gossip about Ducati and other Moto related issues - post your non-technical FAQs, comments & questions here. Most Moto related chit chat that doesn't really fit into one of the specific catagories should go in this area.
jc
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

20 years from a set of tyres

Post by jc »

Hello Steve and Everyone else, I have been a silent member for a year or so as my Darmah was not running.....
I wanted a Darmah from the time I saw it on the cover of a Two Wheels mag in the late 70's. I went to Aussie in '86 and bought a BMW /5 to get around on and later picked up a '78 Darmah. My wife and I rode it all over to rallies in NSW ( have a good badge collection) even did the Sydney/Adelaide/Melbourne/Sydney run once,
and 4 Cycle Engineering did a bit of work on it as reqd. Flew it back to NZ where it stayed in my Parents garage until '06.
Got it running last year but ignition wiring was shot and the carbs needed rebuilding. There it sat in the garage until S2 owner around the corner shamed me into getting it running. Rebuilt the carbs, rewired the ignition, fitted new BT 45 tyres, changed the headlight lens to satisfy the Testing Station and now its ready to roll again. The sound it makes on its Staintunes is great, and it sets off car alarms.
Looking forward to first real run in 18 years!!!!!

JC
john

Return to “The Rumour Mill”