monza junior 160 photos help...

Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
jon donachie
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

monza junior 160 photos help...

Post by jon donachie »

hi all,
would anyone out there have some good quality photographs of a monza 160 jr (1967 3rd edition,,silver one.) showing the original tank decals and paint.
i have trawled the net but only seem to find pics of red tank machines, and or restorations with the original decals/painted panel/lower panel flash having been omitted.
i have exellent decals (supplied by classic transfers.England) but need to see the painted panel inside the black coachline,to see if this is silver or a cream/pearl colour....??
not many of these machines left in sunny Scotland..! so relying on you folks in warmer climates to come up with some pics of original paint...
Visited Barber Motor Museum in Birmingham, Alabama last year and he has the most amazing collection of dukes, including the monza but would like to corroborate the info and pics that i recieved from there...
will keep a close eye on this fantastic forum,and will also help/swap advice with any other monza nut,going through the same problems that i have gone through....
thanks jon donachie
606ddenney
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by 606ddenney »

Hey! Jon
I have the same problem with a 1968 Monza 250. The tank has been painted black and the decal is gone. I can't find a decal. If I had a good photo I could make my own waterslide maybe. I don't even know if the tank is supposed to be red or silver like the rest of the bike.
I feel the frustration.
David
monzamomma
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

decals

Post by monzamomma »

There is a guy with re-pop tank and side cover decals on eBay- they have come and gone a few times. Mine was red I think and painted rattle can black-now she's silver
here is a link to the silver one I saw on the net
http://www.jeromegarfunkel.com/images/m ... nza_jr.jpg
Good luck

Return to “Body, Paint & Rubber Shop”