I am wondering a few things.
Is the blue on the blue (and silver) GTS860 (the darker of the two blues they came out in) and the blue on the blue and silver '75 SS900 the same blue?
What is the actual name/number of the blue/blues used for those two models?
I am painting a GTS tank for my faithful old Spagheti Jet and want to make it back to the stock standard blue it was when new. I'm also making a '75 SS900 replica out of a '75 GT frame and various other bits and peices and really want to go as close as I can to stock (apart from the obvious differences between the frames, gearchanges, etc).
I'm also wondering about the silver on both models but there seems to be quite a few paint types named about that.
Is the silver on the GTS stripes, the SS frame, and the general SS bodywork the same?
Is the frame and tank silver on the SS the same?
Wondering, wondering. Any help, advice appreciated.
ps, just got my '81 SD900 fired up and tuned after not running for over 10 years and a recent frame up rebuild. My first set of desmo heads I did with no help. NO big bangs or clatters on start up. VERY happy, my nerves can go back to normal state of only slightly swollen and damgaed now instead of singing the " will there be an expensive bang" song.
Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
- BevelHeaven Forum Guidelines
- ↳ You Must Click Here & Read Before You're Account Will Get Activated
- BevelHeaven Cafe - General Moto Info & Discussion
- ↳ Introduce Yourself
- ↳ The Rumour Mill
- ↳ Events, Shows & News
- ↳ Pit Lane
- ↳ No Ducati Content - Off Topic Chat
- BevelHeaven Restoration Shop - FAQs & Questions Regarding Vintage Ducati Restoration
- ↳ Body, Paint & Rubber Shop
- ↳ Carburettor & Fuel System Shop
- ↳ Chassis & Suspension Shop
- ↳ Electrical and Wiring Shop
- ↳ Engine & Transmission Shop
- ↳ Wheel, Brake & Tyre Shop
- BevelHeaven Garage - FAQs & Questions Regarding Vintage Ducati Engines
- ↳ Single Cylinder Non Bevel Drive Engines > Cucciolo, Scooters, Overhead Valve, 2-Stroke
- ↳ Single Cylinder Bevel Drive Engines > 250, 350 & 450
- ↳ Roundcase Engines > 750 GT, 750 Sport & 750 Super Sport
- ↳ Squarecase Right Hand Gearchange Engines > early 900SS
- ↳ Squarecase Early 860/900 Crossover Gearchange Engines > 860/900 GT
- ↳ Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS
- ↳ Squarecase Dry Clutch Engines > S2, MHR, 'Mille'
- ↳ Parallel Twin Engines > GTL/Sport Desmo 350 & 500
- ↳ 'Straight Head' Pantah Engines [rear exhaust faces forward] > F1, F3, Pantah, TL, XL, TT1, TT2, Al'Azzurra
- ↳ 'Reverse Head' Pantah Engines [rear exhaust faces rearward] > Indiana, Elefant, Paso 350/750, 750 Sport & SS, Monster 600/750
- ↳ 900 Paso Engines > Paso 906/907ie, Elefant, Sport. SS, Monster, ST2
- ↳ 4 Valve Engines > 851, 888, 748, 916......
- BevelHeaven Gallery - Photos & Videos of DUCATI things. <Post Your Projects Here>
- ↳ < Click HERE for Instructions on Posting Pictures >
- ↳ Moto Photos / Photography
- ↳ Art Duck-Oh Gallery
- ↳ Single Cylinder Photo Gallery
- ↳ Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery
- ↳ Parallel Twins Photo Gallery
- ↳ Pantah Head Photo Gallery
- ↳ Racebike Photo Gallery
- ↳ Everything Else Ducati.......
- ↳ Italian Bike [non-Ducati] Photo Gallery
- ↳ Magazine Articles
- ↳ Videos etc - DUCATI related
- BevelHeaven Classifieds - Vintage Italian 'For Sale' & 'Wanted' Ads
- ↳ Single Cylinder Ducati
- ↳ Parallel Twins
- ↳ Bevel Drive Twins
- ↳ Pantah Twins
- ↳ Modern Twins
- ↳ Other Italian Brands
- BevelHeaven Sponsors - Supporting Vendors Who Support This Place and You
- ↳ Click here to become a supporting vendor and sell your products
- ↳ Bevel Heaven - Ducati Restoration Parts & Accessories
- BevelHeaven.com eStore & Website Happenings
- ↳ Forum Questions/Problems/Info
- ↳ BevelHeaven.com Goods & Services