860 badge

Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
perratjorn
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

860 badge

Post by perratjorn »

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows what is right, on ebay there are badges for sale that are silver and black, it says that it's nos products but I have never seen these on any motorcycle or read that they were original, I've only seen them as are white and crom with black stripe.

Sincerely perra
eternally_troubled
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: 860 badge

Post by eternally_troubled »

The ones on my orange 860GT are white and chrome as you suggest.

One of the 'DUCATI' badges fell off the tank while I was riding - sadly I didn't notice.

Luckily, I found these:

http://www.stein-dinse.biz/Complete-par ... 48921.html

to replace it. They are a *lot* cheaper than the supposedly NOS ones from ebay... unfortunately I don't think they do the '860' badge.
Spagjet
Mach 3

Post by Spagjet »

as far as I know the white and chrome ones with a single black stripe in the middle of the lettering are off squarecase GT's, the black and chrome ones are off GTS's. There is a difference inthe lettering between the two, with GT badges the 'A' in Ducati is pointy at the top just like the one I just typed, the GTS "A' on the other hand has got a flat top with rounded edges. I have only seen the GT badges on ebay, never seen GTS tank badges anywhere for sale. I have tossed up replacing mine as they are a bit ratty but I am always stuck between trying to clean up/polish/repair and liking the 'ratty' patina only age and use can create. So far ratty is winning....at least with the tank badges. I haven't even had my tank badges on the bike for years as I like to use 'spray through' decals nowadays, the GTS tank is definitely due for it's next repaint though as it's been over ten years in it's current flame job with paint worn through where knees rub and little dings and scratches everywhere. Badges are going back on next time....
perratjorn
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by perratjorn »

You are right that A is different on gt and gts but they are white, crom and black on both, on all Ducati I have seen. There are gts badges, to buy at, http://roadandrace.com.au/index.html

Return to “Body, Paint & Rubber Shop”