Tach & Speedo support rubber ring

Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
tomb7949
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Tach & Speedo support rubber ring

Post by tomb7949 »

Where can I find the rubber rings used to isolate the tach and speedo from vibration?

The ones that I have are 40 years old and at end of their lives.

I have a '73 Ducati 75 GT. The rings are about 3 inches (76 mm) ID and the ring material has a diameter of about 0.200 inch (5 mm). The material appears to be surgical rubber and is very soft.
rwhc80
750 GT

Re: Tach & Speedo support rubber ring

Post by rwhc80 »

G'day Tomb7949,

Bevel Rubber should have them available, www.bevelrubber.com.au - or Steve may even have them on his list

Cheers
Rick
I have desmo disease, I just hope they never find a cure !!!
tomb7949
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by tomb7949 »

Rick,

Thanks for the info.

I have unsuccessfully looked at Bevel Heaven for this item. Perhaps Steve will see this and offer a suggestion.

Tom
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
tomb7949
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by tomb7949 »

Steve,

What you referred me to is not what I am looking for. I am looking for a soft rubber O ring about 3 inches in diameter with a 3/16" thickness. Two of these rings support the tack and speedo beneath the dash. There are eight little stops spaced around the ring. The ones that I have appear to be made from the same rubber used in surgical tubing.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

understood - but those are not available, you can use these for that task as well from what some buyers have reported
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
tomb7949
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by tomb7949 »

I don't trust the plastic dash board to support the tach and speedo. I've seen too many that are broken.

Until I can find something better, I have found some over-size O-rings at an Ace hardware store. The rubber is definitely a higher durometer than the stock rings; but, you can order them in a range of sizes. I got rings that were 2 7/8 ID; but, they had to be stretched a bit to fit and as a result, I think that the mounting is too rigid. I am going to try rings that are 3 1/8 ID. Should be a softer mount.

The price for these rings was only $1.55; but, if they are not soft enough, they may cause the instruments to be damaged from vibration and shock. Although, the support these rings give probably is not any worse than mounting directly to the instrument panel with the rubber bushings that you have suggested.

Return to “Body, Paint & Rubber Shop”