Does anyone have an original number plate/license plate?

Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Blacklightning
Diana

Does anyone have an original number plate/license plate?

Post by Blacklightning »

Evening All,

I'm restoring 900 Replica number 146.

The bike was originally supplied by HEXAGON motorcycles in Highgate, London, UK.

The original number plate had the HEXAGON logo and dealer details on the bottom of it - I have early pictures of the bike where you can make it out.

Sadly, the plate has gone now. :(

I am looking to have a replica of the HEXAGON license plate made up and have found someone who can do the artwork - what I need is a decent photo to be able to copy.

Has anyone got an original registration plate, number plate, license plate from a Ducati from the 1970's and 1980's which shows the HEXAGON dealer details and logo at the bottom that I can get photos of please?

Regards

Stuart :Uwin:
welshmally
Diana

Re: Does anyone have an original number plate/license plate?

Post by welshmally »

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that they were also Laverda (and possibly even Kawasaki/Honda) dealers, so it might be worth posting on the Owners Club forum as well.

HTH

WM
Blacklightning
Diana

Post by Blacklightning »

Can I liven this one up again and ask if anyone has a HEXAGON dealer number plate on their bike I can have a detailed photo of?

I am becoming an anorak but the restoration is coming along so beautifully that it would be so nice to put a big old plate onto her just like from brand new.

I have photos, but not good enough to have a replica made....

Stuart
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Hi Stuart, I had a friend in Italy buy me a couple frames and also had some plates made up for me at the local to him license plate factory for my business. Do you know anyone that lives in Europe that you could ask to buy some frames & maybe an old plate for you?
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Blacklightning
Diana

Post by Blacklightning »

Hi Steve,

I have found a guy in the Uk who does replica plates and can do it - he just needs some artwork to photograph or at least copy.

S
Vince
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Post by Vince »

Try posting on The Laverda Forum,plenty of Pommeys on there.Maybe they did sell Laverdas as well.You might get some gental ribbing but there a helpfull bunch.BTW thats not The Internatinal Laverda Owners Club Forum,differant bunch

Return to “Body, Paint & Rubber Shop”