Late Darmah Seat

Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Ralph M
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Late Darmah Seat

Post by Ralph M »

Hi guys!

The Darmah that I purchased a few months ago has a non standard seat fitted. It came with this seat base aswell:

Is the seat itself a separate item as on the whale tail or as I suspect has the upholstery been removed?
Also it looks like the mounting at the front has been modified:

Has the front mount been altered? If so what should it look like and how does it attach to the bike?
Is the upholstery glued directly to the base or is the seat a separate item?
From pictures in the gallery it looks like the seating material extends back under the lifting lid - is this the case?

This is what the bike looks like at the moment :

Again all info much appreciated

Thanks
Ralph
Ralph M
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Ralph M »

Hi guys - no info forthcoming as yet :(

Surely someone can answer this question please. Just need info on how the standard seat mounts to the bike and whether the padded section could be removed from the base ( like the whale tail ) or whether it is one unit.

Thanks again
Ralph
Kickaha
Diana

Post by Kickaha »

Ralph M wrote: Surely someone can answer this question please. Just need info on how the standard seat mounts to the bike and whether the padded section could be removed from the base ( like the whale tail ) or whether it is one unit.
My 82 had the same seat and the upholstery was all attached directly to the base and didn't separate, so the whole seat was one unit which didn't come apart, the seat cover did extend under the lifting lid but only to cover the tool compartment there

Can you take a photo with the lid up?

At the front of the base I think that cutout slid under the bolt which held the tank down and at the rear two bolts went up from underneath into the seat base
Eat Right
Stay fit
Die anyway
Ralph M
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Ralph M »

Thanks for the info Kickaha.

From what you are describing the front mount on my seat looks to be standard. Am I right in thinking that to remove the seat unit you have to pull back the front part of the upholstery that covers the tank to reveal the securing bolt?

Thanks
Ralph
Kickaha
Diana

Post by Kickaha »

Ralph M wrote: Am I right in thinking that to remove the seat unit you have to pull back the front part of the upholstery that covers the tank to reveal the securing bolt?
No, the front just slid into place under/around the bolt
Eat Right
Stay fit
Die anyway
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

Hope these pics help. I suspect the upholstery may not be original, but I don't know and you'll get the picture.

Kev
Ralph M
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Ralph M »

Many thanks for the photos machten, they are exactly what I needed! :-D
jerry0503222
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by jerry0503222 »

My 82 had the same seat and the upholstery was all attached directly to the base and didn't separate, so the whole seat was one unit which didn't come apart, the seat cover did extend under the lifting lid but only to cover the tool compartment there
Oops sorry, I will not spam this forum with non related sales crap any further. [spam deleted by the site admin]

Return to “Body, Paint & Rubber Shop”