Soda Blasting

Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Soda Blasting

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

'
Has anyone here got one of these units? at US$80 sound like it might be crap but its sure looks the same as Ace's unit

Wana know how efficient it is when compared to Ace’s Performance Plus for US$250

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=65902

http://www.ace-sandblasting.com/soda-blasting.html

Anyone?
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

interesting

Post by Lumpy »

Very interesting indeeed. Like to see how those little treasures work myself. I don`t know but generally when it comes to tools and workshop equipment you get what you pay for. $80 seems awful cheap for something like that.
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Harbor Freight is known as the discount tool mart here in the US...some of the items they carry are quite nice and others, not so much.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Sounds a little like our Bunnings Stores downunder were most of it is crap but some items are good.
Could some of you in the US go and have a look at this unit for me? if it looks the goods I might be in the market for one , after all a pressure cylinder has to be certified and the rest is just plumbing hardware , both units operate at round the same pressure and I assume this would be because that is what the cylinder is rated at

Wanna have look at one for me Jordon ??? buddy , pal , dearest LOL dont worry I anit coming onto yah LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Macdesmo
750 GT

Post by Macdesmo »

The unit looks a bit small. When I had an engine done the operator went through a few of the large bags of soda shown in the Harbour advert, so I think you would be slow on an engine with that unit. It would probably be good for carbies etc.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

When you look at the video for the Ace unit , they adjust the media flow rate so you dont waste so much of it and to go through a 25kg bag like that there flow rate had to of been way out
thanks anyway
mizike77
860 GT / GTS

Post by mizike77 »

Im sure it would work great for the money. The only thing I see that I dont like is that it doesnt have a trigger, just seems to be turn on and blast away....shouldnt be too tough to adapt a ball valve or something..

Return to “Body, Paint & Rubber Shop”