El Dorado Seats

Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Spub
Mach 3

El Dorado Seats

Post by Spub »

I recently purchased a reconditioned seat for my Darmah SSD from Tony at El Dorado seats in Australia, and I must say, the workmanship is exceptional. I tried re-covering my old one, and while the results were somewhat passable, it was nowhere near optimal. First off, it takes patience and skill, but of which I lack, to realize results you don't mind looking at each time you ride the bike....secondly, the foam was giving up the ghost on my old seat, so it was too mushy...Tony's seats are a bit pricey, but given the workmanship, worth every penny....now I have to wait for a lull in riding so I can send him the seat off my Laverda Jota.....
1982 Laverda 180 JOTA, 1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport, 1993 Moto Guzzi Daytona, 2010 KTM Adventure 990, 1974 Laverda SFC #17188
garryc
Parallel Twin

Post by garryc »

What is a bit pricey? Do you no longer need something like an airhawk seat in order to walk after having been for a decent ride
Spub
Mach 3

Post by Spub »

Pricey is a tad on th heavy side of 700 bills Australian (400 bills American), and this includes shipping from AU....but, as I said, worth it. Foam is firm, but not too firm, and that all day ride things is a trick question, since anyone remotely familiar with the early Darmah seat would realize no matter what, they are not all day seats......but this is a comfortable as you could expect this seat to be.
1982 Laverda 180 JOTA, 1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport, 1993 Moto Guzzi Daytona, 2010 KTM Adventure 990, 1974 Laverda SFC #17188
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

Having recently completed 1300km over two days on a 78 Darmah seat, even with my well padded rear end, I can vouch for Spub's point of view! On the upside, eventually, you lose all feeling.
garryc
Parallel Twin

Post by garryc »

Yeah, I think the limited fuel range was deliberate in order to allow middle aged men to still walk

Return to “Body, Paint & Rubber Shop”