76 - 900SS Stickers

Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

76 - 900SS Stickers

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Can some one tell me what the correct stickers are for a Silver and Blue 76 - 900SS

Last edited by MartinMille BANNED on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

stickers

Post by Lumpy »

I thought they were the right stickers, difference being steel or Imola tanks. Blue fairing 900, silver fairing 750. Thats what I thought anyhow. I see that bottom one off eBay is generating a bit of interest. 25+k and still 5 days to go. Interesting to see what the final figure will be. They don`t come up to often these days.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Thanks for that
You dont see many with the clear stripe around and I was wondering if the placement of the clear stripe on the tank as correct on the ebay bike , and what is the width of the stripe ? you look at this bike below and the ebay bike there are differences so who is correct in the width and stripe placement , one is narrower and closer to the center of the tank while the other is thicker and further back resting on the edge of the tanks sticker

The reason for asking I may be embarking down this road soon but I can not find many pictures online to confirm where the stripe and the Ducati sticker go

anyone got any better info ?

Image Image
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

gotcha

Post by Lumpy »

Now I gotcha. Sorry mate, not too sure on that one myself. Although in the musty archives of my memory I seem to remember the top pic with the gap between the sticker and stripe to be right. Although don`t quote me on it. Might be time to consult Mr Falloons book on all things SS to settle it. Sadly my poor old SS has the steel tank. Still trying to talk the kids into giving up some of their uni funds to buy Dad one of those nice alloy Imola jobs. C`mon kids, if you really love me...........
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Found another one , all be it a 750 I would have thought the stripe be in the same place as a 900
Been through all Ian's books and none have a pic with the stripe

Someone must know the correct placing of the strip ......Anyone

MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Ok I found the answer today, There is no clear stripe on an original Imola tank for a 75, 76 or 77 SS all tanks were pained this what Ian told me today
so there you have it

Return to “Body, Paint & Rubber Shop”