brake hose rubber sleeves

Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

brake hose rubber sleeves

Post by nottonight68 »

has anyone out there replaced the rubber sleeves between brake hoses and fork brackets on early ss etc
i have tried all the usual sources,local bike shops,and speciality rubber shop
what have you all done-mine are perished-do i put the old ones back in-i cant finish brakes untill this part is installed
see photo for reference
cheers steve
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Steve
Give Damian a ring at Bevel Rubber he might be able to do something for you
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

hey martin
done that-he said he had thought about these parts in the past and might look again.-its probably too low in demand too be viable.its basically a piece of 20mm od rubber tube with 1mm walls,cut to length-but i cant find anything
its frustrating cause this is holding back progress-ive replaced all rubber and this bit will annoy me if not renewed
so in short im asking if this size rubber tube exists or is there a sneaky way to make these.
cheers steve&co
Jon
Diana

Post by Jon »

If you freeze rubber you can machine it, if you can find something with the right outside diameter you should be able to drill the centre.

regards
jon
1983 900 S2
1983 Mk III Le Mans
1992 Honda VFR400r
1976 CB550f
Macdesmo
750 GT

Post by Macdesmo »

Steve,
Laverda triples have the same setup but have a slightly larger diam bracket and hence rubber. Maybe you could get some from Wolfgang and take a section out to reduce the OD. They are just bits of reinforced rubber tubing I think.
Ian
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

rubber sleeves

Post by Lumpy »

Maybe a bit of black nylon or plastic machined to suit by your local friendly machinist. It would take a pretty nasty nit picker to put you down for being unoriginal. Just a tought...........
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

im pretty sure this is rubber to absorb vibration
kracka
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by kracka »

Hey Steve,

What about trying fishing rod grips,the one you need to look at is called HYPERLON black grip comes in all sorts of sizes and can be stiffened to suit what you need,also can be drilled no worries.

Its not rubber but dense foam,may do the job but ??.Dont think it would look to out of place anyway its mostly hidden in bracket.

Brendon.
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

heres my dilemna-the rubber brake line needs to be screwed to the hard brake line-with this rubber bush in place-then bracket put on-everything positioned and rubber then pushed into place.
although neither pic is of part in place,pic 1 depics how far my perished parts push in and pic 2-how they should be-i cant get perished parts to locate properly in situ-and think i need rubber replacement to do this.
cheers steve

Return to “Body, Paint & Rubber Shop”