Will bodywork from 750 GT fit on 860 GT......

Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
dewjantim
Mariana

Will bodywork from 750 GT fit on 860 GT......

Post by dewjantim »

I am wanting to put a 750 GT tank, 750 S sidecovers (repo) and fenders (also repo) on my 860 GT. Will they fit and where can I get them......Dewey.
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

you will need different lugs etc on your frame
this will require welding and repainting
what look are you trying to achieve?
dewjantim
Mariana

Post by dewjantim »

I saw a 750 GT in a magazine several years ago (1977, I think) it was painted Ferrari Red (body work and frame also) with black exhaust, black superbike bars, and highly polished engine and other bits. This is what I want. How about the fenders and sidecovers from the sport, will they fit? Where could I get replicas of the bodywork? Thanks...Dewey.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Are the side cover lugs in the same position as a SD frame ?
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: Will bodywork from 750 GT fit on 860 GT......

Post by BevHevSteve »

dewjantim wrote:I am wanting to put a 750 GT tank, 750 S sidecovers (repo) and fenders (also repo) on my 860 GT. Will they fit and where can I get them......Dewey.
where in the world are you located?

will they fit?

yes, anything can be made to fit anything given the right amount or desire.

desire = $$$$ and time
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
dewjantim
Mariana

Post by dewjantim »

Hi Steve, I live in Ky. I don't really want to modify the frame to fit the 750 tank. Thought if I got fiberglass replica bodywork I could modify it to fit. Looking through your website I haven't been able to find any repo bodywork, do you sell it. Will be doing business with you soon I'm sure. Ky really doesn't have many dealerships who sell bevel parts.......Dewey ;) .
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

the tank is a fit no problem, no mods req'd, maybe new brackets in order.... A seat would be relatively easy depending on what style you choose to mount.

The issue will be the sidecovers. If you pick up some F'glass covers, then you can glass on new brackets to attach them to the existing frame tabs.

I can get you bodywork, you have options, quality and price - high quality = high price. WHen you decide to get serious about getting setup give a ring and we can talk.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

the seat may be a problem -the 860 gt i had years ago had the kicked up rear frame loop
no other seat will fit unless you cut it off
imo the gts tank looked pretty good(never liked the gt tank)and should fit straight on
the side covers would definitly be items i would change if doing a special
i think you will need to go down the track of welding & repainting
if you really want a certain look'you need to get the basics right at the start or you'll not be happy with finished product
dewjantim
Mariana

Post by dewjantim »

Hey guys, I got my 860 today. I was really suprised that it was a GTS rather than a GT. I like the tank and seat combo so I think I may stay with them. I got an extra seat, kind of a custom seat, but the pan is great and I can get it made into a cafe seat at my local upholstery shop. Still want the repo side covers and fiberglass fenders. I must confess, the blue with silver stripe paint looked very alluring ;) , so I might stay with the blue paint and powdercoat the frame silver or black instead of red. Also, it has domi racer instruments and a custom bracket (very nice) to hold them. I'm thinking about putting another of my projects aside and starting this one after Christmas. I am really stoked. By the way, was $2200 to much to pay. All the parts I looked at seemed in excellent condition, just need a little cleaning and paint. Steve, will be calling as soon as I start needing stuff.......Thanks....Dewey 8) .
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

$2200 is a bargain

Return to “Body, Paint & Rubber Shop”