76/77 footpegs

Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

76/77 footpegs

Post by nottonight68 »

my 76 900ss gear change lever (the crappy left hand change over one) was damaged when i crashed it about 25 years ago. i've looked but cant find a replacement.also the footpeg rubbers are worn-same problem. My frame is stripped ready for re-paint. Was thinking about welding earlier style foot peg lugs onto frame. Has anyone done this? Will earlier type foot pegs and levers fit or would I have to convert to right hand gear change?
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

check out http://www.mdinaitalia.co.uk/ They should be able to help with some of the parts you need. Your lever sets will not work with the earlier rearsets without serious modification. Conversely the earlier lever sets will not work with the left hand gear change without serious modification. If you were to change over to the right hand gear change completely that would necessitate not only welding on lugs, new pegs and levers, but also relocating the rear master cylinder to the opposite side under the side cover as well as all the associated linkage, levers, hoses, etc.

I am doing similar mod on my 750 GT, adding rear disk brake...a daunting task. You should be able to find the parts you need to renew your bike on here or eBay or from the vendors out there.

Let us know how it comes out, Jordan
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Now your talking some good old elbow grease to get everything back to how it used to be done , I should buy a set as they are just down the road so to speak from me , I do have an SD coming that will get experimented on when I get it ,

Talk about cleaning your engine , you guys use simple green in the US , I have tried it and must say it did do a good job on the cleaning side , but boy oh boy if any traces of the stuff are left behind its a real sh!t to remove when dry,here in Australia years ago I used to use a cleaner that worked better than simple green but I couldn't remember the name of the stuff, last week I was looking for some black paint and blow me down there it was , The cleaner that I used all those years ago on the Mille to keep it looking smick , It is made by Kenco , " Shift it " is what it called , no more road grime etc BUT I use it 50/50 and its way to strong and will burn your polished alloy covers ,since I had to do them again I didn't bother shielding them from the spray after you use Shift it is comes very close to the bead blast finish all you got to do then is dry it and start polishing

After the engine cases and heads where cleaned with Shift it

MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Doh Wrong post :oops:
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

check this out on eBay Item #280266167563 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUCATI-B ... enameZWDVW
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

thanks cafe racer but ive got a set similar to those. i need nos levers
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

FOUND A pair of nos
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

you going to get rid of your old ones? I am interested.
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

only got new levers , linkages & footpeg rubbers
got footpegs resprayed
think ill keep old levers-they seem fairly rare which i found surprising

Return to “Body, Paint & Rubber Shop”