Colors offered 1972 750 GT...Pictures...Help Please

Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Joi
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Colors offered 1972 750 GT...Pictures...Help Please

Post by Joi »

Hello:

We very recently aquired a 1972 750 GT. Have been told the original Color was/is Black....but what about the DUCATI Stickers ?? white?? any Stripes on the Tank??

Anyone have a picture so we can see what this bike originally looked like.

I have been searching the internet and all I find are '73 and '74s. '72s I come across are Imolas or sport models all beautiful, but none in all Black and no GTs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Joi, You need to get a copy of The Ducati 750 Bible by Ian Falloon, his new book, the one with the red cover. Available through Bevel Heaven Shop and other retailers. It should answer all your questions and has lots of great color photos and a whole section on the 72's Falloon's previous book, Original Ducati Sport and Super Sport, black cover is also very helpful.

Your Gt should have stainless INOX front and rear fenders. All the decals you need are available in the Bevel Heaven Shop here http://shop.bevelheaven.com/detail.aspx?ID=781

Welcome to the forum, Jordan
thessler3
Mariana

Re: Colors offered 1972 750 GT...Pictures...Help Please

Post by thessler3 »

Joi,

Are you still a GT owner? I am only 30 minutes away from you in Hamburg, Nj and have an original 73 750GT
Jod
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: Colors offered 1972 750 GT...Pictures...Help Please

Post by Jod »

Hello Joi

Did you get some pics? If not email me and i can send you photos of original 1972 GT Tank with correct stripes and tank decals...

Jod

Return to “Body, Paint & Rubber Shop”