Espresso Machine for the enthusiasit that can identify this!

Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
73750sport
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Espresso Machine for the enthusiasit that can identify this!

Post by 73750sport »

No Kidding, I'll ship someone a nice Nespresso Espresso maker to sip after their bike rides if they can positively identify this fairing and mounting hardware.

Facts -
  • Bike is a 73 750 Ducati
  • Fairing has been on the bike since 1975 when the second owner bought it in Illinois from a Kawasaki dealer. He assumed it came equipped from the factory.
  • mounting brackets, both upper and lower, connect towards the rear of the Aprila headlight.
  • Both brackets are perfectly fitted with U shaped bases that fit against the steering neck of the frame.
  • They are held down with hose clamps you might find on a radiator hose.
  • Single, not double bolts secure the side of the fairing on each side of the head light.
  • Headlight is secured to a mounting bracket on either side which is at the end of the same Y shaped bracket that holds he sides of the fairing
  • Inner tray that holds the instruments has bolt holes perfectly aligned with the exterior holes so both are well fastened
  • Plexi is aftermarket from a few years ago

It seems to me, that the fairing, inner tray , and mounting hardware were made for each other. Furthermore, the mounting brackets fit perfectly to the frame. That's not to say someone didn't do an aftermarket product, but so early after the bike's release? The welds on the mounting brackets are perfect and so is the fit. It's very well engineered. I just can't fathom where this came from. Every picture of early sport & ss fairings/brackets I see do not match up to this. I highly doubt this is from the factory, but what do I know...I am pretty new to this. Thanks.

Image[/img]
Wes Shepherd
73 Ducati 750 Sport Owner

Return to “Body, Paint & Rubber Shop”