MHR Color Codes

Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
paratrooper34
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

MHR Color Codes

Post by paratrooper34 »

I am in the process of repainting my 98 916 to a modern interpretation of the Mike Hailwood bike that is on display at the Ducati Museum. I had a heck of a time figuring out how to get the correct color codes for the bike. So, knowing that the bike was colored with Castrol as the sponsor, I contacted Castrol and got the correct color codes for their red and green. Here they are:

PANTONE COLOR CODES:

PMS 485 - red

PMS 348 – green

The white is just plain white.

If any others out there are repainting these colors, these should help out. Ciao tutti, Mike
paratrooper34
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

MHR/916 Update

Post by paratrooper34 »

Hey all....my 916 paint job is finally done. I did a replica job of one of the Hailwood bikes on display at the Ducati Museo in Bologna. It is an interpretation, so some changes were necessary. But all in all it looks AWESOME!!!

The color codes I provided above were perfect. The color match is beautiful. I don't know how to post a picture on this site, but I can send a pic to anyone who wants it if you send an email to me: [email protected] Or if someone tells me how to post one here, I will do that.

Yeah, I know, it is not a bevel drive bike, but hey,it is a nice interpretation of a very famous bevel drive. Ciao, Mike
Mike Levesque

'98 916, '97 748, '60 Moto Guzzi Lodola GT

Return to “Body, Paint & Rubber Shop”