1983 600 Pantah colour

Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Jerrard
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

1983 600 Pantah colour

Post by Jerrard »

Hi,
I have a Pantah which originally was purchased in Australia as a 500, but the original owner expanded it to a 600, motor and bodywork.
The colour of my bike is white with black and gold trim. I was told that all Pantah's around that era was imported into Australia as white, but sales were not that great, so the dealers decided to paint the remaining unsold bikes the metallic blue with red and blue trim?
I am rebuilding the bike completely, but this colour issue has me a little worried, can anyone help me out??
Panta600
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Panta600 »

Jerrard,
since I'm new here you'll need to be patient. I thought that the Australian imported Pantah 500's were ice blue main colour with red/blue striping.
600's were in a silver main colour with contrasting red stripes.
I have some old (B/W) photocopy AMCN magazine snippets and 1 of them mentioned an ad by NFI (Norm Fraser Imports) had some 600's in red??? I'm assuming by that, they were the red main colour with the green/white stripes???
I'll dig out some more info for you.

Cheers,
Steve
Nothing beats the 4 x 2 seat of a Pantah!
Bumbler
Mariana

My thoughts....

Post by Bumbler »

Howdy Jerrad,

I've just restored my '82 Pantah 600SL. Stangley when I look at the ID tag it looks suspiciously like the 600SL has had a '6' stamped over a '5'. It is defintley a 600 though and is painted in red with white and green stripes. It looks like a bloody licorice-all-sort.

I thought the 500's were painted in the metalic blue with white and silver(?) stripes and the 600's came in the red with the white and green stipes. I may well be wrong.

I'll post a picture of mine and the ID plate...check out the thread in Brakes.....(etc)

The Bumbler
Bumbler.... '82 Pantah 600
Bumbler
Mariana

Id Tag

Post by Bumbler »

Jerrard...here's the tag. The photos of the paint are on the thread contained in Wheel, brakes and tyre shop"'82 600 Pantah...She's in bits"

Hope this helps...

P.S. To any smart arses, bike is not rego'ed nor garaged at my address
Bumbler.... '82 Pantah 600
Hekto
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: 1983 600 Pantah colour

Post by Hekto »

Jerrard wrote:Hi,
I have a Pantah which originally was purchased in Australia as a 500, but the original owner expanded it to a 600, motor and bodywork.
The colour of my bike is white with black and gold trim. I was told that all Pantah's around that era was imported into Australia as white, but sales were not that great, so the dealers decided to paint the remaining unsold bikes the metallic blue with red and blue trim?
I am rebuilding the bike completely, but this colour issue has me a little worried, can anyone help me out??
In '83 (I think) Ducati made a series of Pantah's (600SL) painted in the Mike Hailwood color scheme. It was orriginally based on the colors from Castrol who was the main sponsor.

My own Pantah is painted in this color scheme (red = RAL 3001)

Pic's: http://groups.google.com/group/pantahfr ... ekto?hl=da
/Hekto
Ducati Pantah 600SL - Ducati 900 SSie - Cagiva Elefant 650
Jerrard
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Pantah colour

Post by Jerrard »

Thanks for the replies.
And thanks Hecto for the paint code, I have noted that down for reference.
Any ideas on what the code is for the wheels? I think I may have read somewhere that a BMW colour is a close match?

Cheers,
Jerrard
Panta600
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Panta600 »

:oops: I wish I could post some photos. I'll have to spend a bit more time in front of the computer! As far as wheels go, well it's a motley crew of colours. Jerrard, search this forum for some wheel colour threads and see what you find. Otherwise, you are far closer to the factory museum, check out the ice racer they have there? I've just confirmed with my photos from last years holiday and the FPS rims are gold!
Cheers,
Steve
Nothing beats the 4 x 2 seat of a Pantah!

Return to “Body, Paint & Rubber Shop”