Colour Code Red and green early MHR 1980

Post your 'Body & Paint' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
mb
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Colour Code Red and green early MHR 1980

Post by mb »

Hi There, can anyone help me with the Colourcode/similar actual Colour for de red of the early 1980 MHR wich was wa little lighter than the later ones? Also for the green. Or is there someone owing a unrestored bike of that year an can help me with a matching colour number? Also the literatur shows the bike somtimes with the early one piece fairing and teh later two piece one. Any idea? Thanks a lot.mb
Bob Lancastle
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

MHR paint codes

Post by Bob Lancastle »

Hi.

I'm off to my local paint shop in the next day or two to get a match for the green to attend to a few scratches on my fairing, whilst I am there I will get the red code also. I'm will be taking to the shop the original seat as a reference from my 1979 MHR. I've had this bike from new so the codes will be as close to original as far as my eyes can tell.

Cheers

Bob
Bob Lancastle
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Bob Lancastle »

Here are the equivalent paint codes:

Green: BS381C 277
Red: Suzuki Brilliant Red GSX 1100R

The paint shop owner did the matching for me taking the seat moulding as a reference.

The weather here in the UK is terrible at this time, so the outside light levels are quite poor so use this information at your own risk!

Cheers

Bob
Bob Lancastle
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Bob Lancastle »

Hi again.

This morning I attended to the green scratched paint on my fairing using the pre mentioned paint code, something is wrong somewhere as the match is a far lighter green.

I shall return to my paint shop in the morning, floods permitting, and try and work out what's gone wrong here, so my apologies to anyone who has gone out and purchased the wrong colour-aaggghhhh! I sincerely hope that nobody has.

There is a big issue in the UK with the government clamping down on VOCs so its very difficult to obtain certain colours due to the black tints being almost impossible to source, however that isn't an issue here, again, my apologies.

Woops

Bob
Bob Lancastle
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Bob Lancastle »

Hi,

I've questioned the mismatch with my local paint shop.

The code is correct, it was a binder problem.

Life is an eDUCATIon !

Cheers

Bob
mb
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by mb »

Hi Bob.

finally got my frame painted accordung to your color codes. Looks great! Tanks again for your help.
Enjoy summer on your MHR

Best regards mike

Return to “Body, Paint & Rubber Shop”