MHR Mille pistons

If you need technical information or help with your late dry clutch Ducati S2, MHR 900 or Mille engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Kickaha
Diana

Re: MHR Mille pistons

Post by Kickaha »

I went and picked these up from being replated yesterday, that will be $895NZ thank you very much and that was with a good discount on what I was originally priced due to the owner being a bit of a Ducati man himself having both a Darmah and a rubberbandy thing
Now there is just a bottom end strip, check and rebuild to go :(
Eat Right
Stay fit
Die anyway
Kickaha
Diana

Post by Kickaha »

Finally just about at the point of going back together,the only concern is 5th gear is a bit worn, and there dont seem to be to many around, anyone know what material they were originally made out of and what hardening treatment they had? guy I know that does aircraft work reckon he can do something with them but knowing those things will make it easier
Eat Right
Stay fit
Die anyway
Ray O'Donohue
Parallel Twin

Post by Ray O'Donohue »

Just a suggestion for the future re sleeves: Los Angeles Sleeve used to sell us cylinder sleeves of any size and description,dirt cheap.
Kickaha
Diana

Post by Kickaha »

Had the 5th gear from the MHR dropped off to me which I was taking to a mate at Air NZ to see if they could do anything with it, driving down the road I had to pass Duralloy so thought I'd give them a look at it, $60 per tooth to repair and there's 30 teeth with most needing a repair, they can make a new gear which will give me a few cents change out of $1000, or they can machine the teeth off, make up new teeth on a sleeve and install them with an interference fit and spot welds for $300

Best bit was the older guy I was talking to asks me if I know what they do and when I say I've got a rough idea gives me a tour of the shop floor showing me the different machines and what they do, very cool

Just have to talk to my mechanic but the after going through it with the guy at Duralloy the $300 option looks pretty good
Eat Right
Stay fit
Die anyway
500cc
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by 500cc »

Dang that looked ugly.... Just cause for some stainless high flow valves I used Ferrea valves on my Mustang, I wonder if they can make them for a application like this? .......
Kickaha
Diana

Post by Kickaha »

Finally back on the road as of last weekend, only done about 300km so far but looking at knocking up a few more over the next few weeks :vroom:
Eat Right
Stay fit
Die anyway
Kickaha
Diana

Post by Kickaha »

Another 1100km this weekend and it's running sweet, 715km on the Sunday alone and my arse hurts like I've been repeatedly kicked in it, think the seat could do with some work
Eat Right
Stay fit
Die anyway

Return to “Squarecase Dry Clutch Engines > S2, MHR, 'Mille'”